Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Tech to expand your summer! ["The Expanse" Spoilers] (Page 1)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: $$ Tech to expand your summer! ["The Expanse" Spoilers]
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, crap. As expected, it's "Bounty" for me tonight. Sorry to disappoint - but I'll be back tomorrow evening with "The Expanse", apparently watching it at the same time as you mere mortals. [Razz]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait for this episode [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found a passle of vidcaps

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

http://membres.lycos.fr/trexxbonbon/s2e26/PreviewO1.htm

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are those new ships I see? [Smile]
TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klingon BOPs look exactly like the BOPs we always known![Except for that doodad at the top] BAH
Well this puts to rest the theory about BOP being a Romulan/Klingon hybrid for good I suppose.

^Or is it...Braga did hint that Ent takes place in an alternate timeline on the other hand.

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheF0rce:
^Or is it...Braga did hint that Ent takes place in an alternate timeline on the other hand.

Please God may this be true.

I am beginning to suspect that someone (probably Riker) dropped a PADD with the schematics of the Akira Class on the floor in FC. [Smile]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet mother of Roddenberry! That looks SO INCREDIBLY BAD!!

Klingon BoPs. Why?

Earth ships:
- Triangle ships, like I expected.
- A ship that would've been nice as a late TOS-TMP era ship. I assume it's just an NX kitbash. Hooray for CGI [Roll Eyes]

Photon torpedoes. BAAAAAAD.

Presumed warp enhancement thingum proven to be torplauncher, EXACTLY like on the Akira.

I think I just might start to consider this series to be non-canon. Or at least hope for an end-of-series-reset-button.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found page with screencaps, wish I didn't...

Haven't actually seen the episode, but does NX-01 gets the prize for the longest commercial break/episode span, a whole 14 months (in dry dock)?

Finally, photon(ic) torpedoes... I think I'm gonna go hang myself now, don't any of you try to stop me. *begin knitting a photonic rope*

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Phoenix
Member # 966

quote:
Originally posted by David Templar:
Found page with screencaps, wish I didn't...

Haven't actually seen the episode, but does NX-01 gets the prize for the longest commercial break/episode span, a whole 14 months (in dry dock)?

Finally, photon(ic) torpedoes... I think I'm gonna go hang myself now, don't any of you try to stop me. *begin knitting a photonic rope*

The ship that is in drydock for the next 14 months is NX-02. NX-01 only gets enhancements.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's no BOP. No *regular* BOP, in any case.

Mark

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, what's up with Forrest's sleeve stripes. They look different in every episode. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I've just noticed the NX-02 spacedock. It's made out of scaled-up components of the one we see around Enterprise - the same model parts, just bigger. There are three sets of "arms" around the ship, while the other one (obstensibly seen only as stock footage) has four smaller ones plus a cetral supporting structure, outboard collection of antennae and such.

Hey, are we sure we're looking at only one kind of new Starfleet ship? Pictures 18-19 show a ship with winglets on the nacelles, while the other pics seem to show no wings and a blended shovel section design. Also, the glowey bits are different. I think we're looking at two designs here... But to be honest, I'd have much rather preferred a brand new ENT-era Klingon ship than two new Starfleet designs.

Mark

--------------------

Phoenix
Member # 966

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Hey, are we sure we're looking at only one kind of new Starfleet ship? Pictures 18-19 show a ship with winglets on the nacelles, while the other pics seem to show no wings and a blended shovel section design. Also, the glowey bits are different. I think we're looking at two designs here... But to be honest, I'd have much rather preferred a brand new ENT-era Klingon ship than two new Starfleet designs.

Mark

It certainly looks like 2 types of ship to me. One (the one with the Nova-style (groan) winglets) looks more NX-ish than the other one, which looks like a flying triangle with nacelles.

There appears to be 1 pseudo-Nova and 2 triangle-ships.

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's give it a try.

Earth
The Xindi probe appears above Earth. Cool effect. At first it looks like a black hole and then the probe appears. It consists of a sphere with glowy holes and two outer rings. The probe enters Earth orbit and launches its attack. The rings kinda focuse the beam and the sphere rotates from time to time. A town near Lake Okeechobee gets destroyed first by the beam. We then see the beam cut through Cuba. The outer rings detach from the sphere and it flies towards Earth.

Opening Credits

Quo'noS
The Klingon Chancellor complains that Archer could escape twice. Duras gets a severe lecture from one of the council members. The Chancellor offers Duras a change to regain his command and honour. Duras promises that he won't fail.

Enterprise
The senior staff is waiting in a conference room for Archer, who's speaking to Admiral Forrest. Archer enters the rooms and informs them about the attack (4,000 km scar from Florida to Venezuela, one million casualties). Enterprise is recalled. Archer orders Mayweather to set a course for Earth. Warp 5.

Trip visits Archer in his ready room. He wants to know which part of Florida was hit. Archer doesn't know. Trip mentions his baby sister. He sounds as if he knew that she's dead. Archer tries to comfort him and informs him that the number of casualties has been revised. It's up to 3 million. T'Pol enters the scene and informs them about her talk with Ambassador Soval. A Vulcan transport located the sphere in Central Asia. The parts were brought to Starfleet Headquarters. There was a pilot killed on impact. Malcolm interrupts their talk. 8 Suliban vessels (spheres and coffins) are approaching at high warp. Enterprise is boarded by Suliban and they kidnap Archer.

Suliban vessel
Archer meets Silik. At first, Archer thinks that the Suliban are responsible for the attack. Silik brings Archer to the Future Guy. FG tells Archer why Earth was attacked. The probe was sent by the Xindi. They learned that their world would be destroyed by humans in 400 years. They were told so by people from the future. The probe was only a test and the Xindi are building a far more powerful weapon. They will use it to destroy Earth when it is completed. Archer wants to know why FG is telling him this. He says that the Xindi were not supposed to learn about their future. If they deploy this weapon, it will decontaminate the timeline. Archer must prevent this. He returns to Enterprise and the Suliban ships leave.

April 24, 2153
Over 7 million casualties. Enterprise is close-by the Sol-system and is attacked by a Klingon Bird-of-Prey (T'Pol mentions this). Enterprise is crippled and the Klingons are preparing a boarding party, when three Earth vessels approach. I believe the "Norways" are of the same type as the vessel from the opening credits. There are indeed two different classes of Earth ships. Duras has to withdraw. Captain Ramirez (sp?) of the Intrepid contacts Archer and welcomes him.

[ May 21, 2003, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The BoP looks quite similar to this concept sketch from the Star Trek Exhibition in London. Note the block shaped impulse engines at the top.

http://www.beamen.at/st-adventure/London_041.jpg

But why did they stick the grappler model on the bottom?

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps