Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TR-47

Author Topic: TR-47
newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From "First Contact"-
When the escape pods are being prepped for launch, we see an okudagram for one of the pods and the destination of the escape pod. According to the graphic, this pod is labeled as 'TR-47'.

First question-
Does this registry prefix apply to all the escape pods aboard the Enterprise-E?

Second question-
Is this prefix used for other escape pods of the fleet, say those of the Saratoga ("Emissary") and Enterprise-D?

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect it is the 47th escape pod of the Enterprise. TR probably stands for something like "Transit Raft" or "Transport Raft".
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noted that on Voyager, the numbers on the pod covers bore no apparent order or relationship.

The same may be true for Enterprise-E

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix:
I suspect it is the 47th escape pod of the Enterprise. TR probably stands for something like "Transit Raft" or "Transport Raft".

Take your ass and Run like hell!

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but why did they make the Takeyerass'n Run number 47.. why not 48 or 46?.. i demand to know.
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prolly 'cause it's that now very old In-Joke about "The 47's". The number 47 appears in a great many different Trek episodes since the last couple seasons of TNG. It wasn't too prolific until VOY started up, tho. If you watch any TNG thru VOY episodes, keep an ear and eye out for anything that has 47 in it.

There used to be a website devoted to this topic which was, at some point, attempting to catalogue every instance of the appearance of "47" in a Trek episode, but I can't seem to find the link now. Some people really do have too much time on their hands to devote to their obsessions. [Big Grin]

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's safe to say that everyone here knows about the power of the 47.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my question was facetious of course.. TPTB's obsession with 47s has been passed to me.. its in most of my passwor.. um nevermind
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone actually has a cap of that okudagram? I would like to see it. Do we see the pod itself or just text?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan McReynolds:
I think it's safe to say that everyone here knows about the power of the 47.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
my question was facetious of course.. TPTB's obsession with 47s has been passed to me.. its in most of my passwor.. um nevermind

Yeah, I guess I should have known, given the detail nuts that most of us are. I still occasionally run across Trekkers who have no clue about the whole in-joke of the 47's. You just never know who knows what, sometimes....

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps