Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » I need some references on a tech issue

Author Topic: I need some references on a tech issue
darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question involves the use of the term "phasers". I've read at LEAST one source that said GR ret-conned the term between the first and second pilots at the urging of Harvey Lynn, is science advisor.

The only source I've been able to find with a definite cite of this cited Shatner's "Star Trek Memories".

I'm almost POSITIVE the incident is mentioned in the Solo/Justman book and at least one or two interviews with the original production staff.

Any of you guys out there know of any additional citations?

Thanks in advance, I'm needing the cites for an arguement over at TrekBBS, and I don't have those books and zines anymore...

[Smile]

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it is also mentioned in the old 'Inside Star Trek' book - sorry, I no longer have a copy.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps