Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Let's talk about war...

Author Topic: Let's talk about war...
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Temporal war(s). I saw Enterprise's 'Cold Front' again tonight. This and a thing Mike Sussman said about next season's 'Future Tense' on the TrekBBS (the future vessel the Tholians and Suliban want was originally ment to be the USS Defiant from TOS) made me think.

Here's my question, don't take it too serious, but which episodes/movies do you think did involve the TCW (allthough not mentioned)?

I guess First Contact should be a candidate. The Borg trying to go back in time? Just because they think it's a good idea? Don't you think there's something more behind it? How did they get time travel tech? And does 'Endgame' have something to do with it? (Don't get me wrong, I don't want to solve Braga's continuity violations or stuff, it just happens to be his stuff in this case. [Smile] )

'Cause and Effect'? The Bozeman played an important 8more or less) role in FC, Generations and AGT, so her presence in the 24th century could have been part of the TCW (CaE, AGT, Gens, FC, the above, all written or co-written by Braga. Just a coincidence? Could he be Future Guy??? *insert X-Files theme music here* [Wink] )

Any TOS-episodes maybe? (Or something not written by Braga? [Roll Eyes] ) What could be coonected to the Temporal Cold War?

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who ordered the 1701 back to the 60s for 'observation' in Assignment Earth.. that always seems fishy to me.. i think there was possibly more intentionally arranged behind them being assigned to do something so very implausible
ubermetroid
Member # 729

- posted      Profile for ubermetroid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting... Trying to tie all the loose ends (time travel anyways) up? [Eek!]

--------------------
"That's the problem with nature. Something is always stinging you or oozing mucous on you. lets go watch tv." - Calvin & Hobbes

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
who ordered the 1701 back to the 60s for 'observation' in Assignment Earth.. that always seems fishy to me.. i think there was possibly more intentionally arranged behind them being assigned to do something so very implausible

I think the Desilu budget department assigned the 1701 back in time.
And to "planet of the nazis", "planet of the gangsters", "the old west" and both Trelanes and Apollo's "planets of old costume department hand me downs". [Big Grin]

This same sinister, timeline-altering agency was responsible for designing the NOMAD probe to resemble the first cloaking device (the sinister reasons for this are still not clear).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it was Roddenberry. "Assignment: Earth" was his pilot for another show, remember?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's it! Gary Seven is a Future Guy-type agent!! [Eek!]

quote:
Assignment: Earth

After traveling back in time to the 20th Century, the Enterprise intercepts an enigmatic space traveler named Gary Seven, who claims to be an Earth man trained by aliens to prevent Earth from destroying itself.

It would certainly make an interesting twist on the TCW. [Wink]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt Braga could remember that episode...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Porthos'll have to chase away his cat?

Get that pussy, Porthos! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
[QUOTE]This same sinister, timeline-altering agency was responsible for designing the NOMAD probe to resemble the first cloaking device (the sinister reasons for this are still not clear).

It's the other way around. Nomad appeared inthe 2nd Season Episode "The Changeling" and the cloaking device in question appeared in the third season episode "The Enterprise Incident". [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps