Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line Calendar 2004 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line Calendar 2004
Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serious, huh...?

I'd like to see some TOS Era and TOS Movie Era ship designs. Something like the Federation and Klingon fleets that were about to attack each other in "Errand of Mercy". I realize it sorta goes against the TOS standard to show that sort of space combat, as realistically, if you've got weapons that are good out to thousands of kilometers, you don't want to be w/in spitting distance of the enemy, but it would look kewel. Or at least show the Fed or Klingon Fleets, sorta like some of the images at Mateen Greenway's site.

For the other ships, maybe some scenes using mostly TOS Movie Era ships relating to The Tomed Incident, which occured in the 2310's. Some Connies, Miranda's and maybe a Constellation class with an Excelsior as the flag ship taking on some brand-spankin'-new-for-the calendar Romulan ships. [Big Grin]

I'd also like to see some civilian ships from various Era's. Would also be kind of kewel to see some bustling stabases, as was already mentioned. However, I'd like to see more civilian type stuff.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazon is apparently shipping the 2004 SofL calendar. Their site still has the old picture, but Barnes and Noble has a new one. Anyone bought it yet?  -

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooooo....purdy.
I'm ordering now....

I hope they have a nice Enterprise B pic.

Enterprise C would rock too....mabye in combat with the Romulans over Nerandra III. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neato Frito pic on the regular calander too:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0740737538.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Cool new rendering of the TOS E and K-7

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had it pre-ordered from Amazon for quite a while. They indicate it has already been released, but apparently their supply has always been low, so they need to have it (special) ordered from another warehouse before they can ship it to me. I still don't have it yet and I haven't seen it anywhere else. I wonder what's really going on here for it to take so long to actually be received by purchasers. They've been big sellers in the past but I've always seen copies available.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Halifax, NS for a sci-fi con on the weekend and a local shop had two there. If it hadn't been $20 I'd have picked one up. The cover is as it was shown earlier in the thread with the Starfleet ships facing off with the Klingons.

I should've taken more care to remember the various shots inside but there's a couple of NX-01, one of which is an under construction shot in the drydock. Another features two Constitution refits passing one another in an asteroid field.

I wish I could remember more of them, but it did look like a good calendar. I'll ask for it for my birthday. I definitely want it. By comparison, I think it's better than this years SOTL calendar.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That "new" K7 and Enterprise - is infact the model work from "Trials and Tribblations"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did Mojo go, anyway? When's the last time he was here?

--------------------
Meh

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A while. Why doesn't he come back and be more active with the board? It's like he used us and left us.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like seperation anxiety...

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Mojo's pretty much moved on from UF and the calendars. Last I heard, he was working on several projects... Trust me, should he ever find a project where the fans can be involved, he'll come here first. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goddammit, it's a crime that all that work was done, and we were continually teased with the possibility (they even advertised it in the '01 or '02 calendar!), and now we can't even see whatever preliminary work was done on it!

And all we can do is keep buying whatever they deign to offer, in the hopes that one day they'll decide to give us something we really want. Because if we STOP buying their stuff, then they'll end up cutting out the entire line altogether.

(I know, I know; we Treknologists are only a small fraction of the actual market... it still annoys me to no end! [Mad] )

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay for big companies!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps