Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ships of the Line Calendar 2004 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Ships of the Line Calendar 2004
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, are you saying that Mojo wasn't involved in the 2003 calendar?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was in charge of the 2003 calendar!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It's like he used us and left us."

OMG I feel so violated!!!!

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the 2004 Calendar.

They screwed up and left George Takei's birthday off.

It's a bit NX-O1-heavy.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As expected, since Eden FX people are supposedly in charge of this one. Can you give us a quick list of the images in the calendar, s'il te plait?

Mark

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Masao:
Mark, are you saying that Mojo wasn't involved in the 2003 calendar?

Damn, I meant the 2004 calendar! (As an excuse, in Japan we are in Hesei year 15)
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, they left off Takei's b-day. Anyway:

Cover: refit E-nil and unnamed/unlabeled Excelsior class ship face off 3 K'Tinga class Battlecruisers. (Surprisingly, the E-nil's impulse engines aren't lit)

January: An NX class ship under construction at a drydock facility. The starboard nacelle is about to be attached as is the port nacelle pylon. The port nacelle is in the background arriving, yet it doesn't look like it's being towed anywhere. It's just floating there. Hull plating on parts of the saucer are missing as yard engineers are seen working on the ship.

February: refit E-nil and refit Lexington NCC-1709 are seen meeting each other in an asteroid field. Agian the E-nil's impulse engines are not lit.

March: E-nil and damaged unnamed/unlabeled pre-refit Connie class ship (presumably Constellation NCC-1017) attacking Doomsday Machine. Phaser beam coming from the Constellation.

April: Voyager and Delta Flyer next to the moon. Delta Flyer facing Voyager though. Voyager clearly a drawing as name is smeared next to forward docking port. The Flyer does appear to be CGI.

May: refit E-nil in V'Ger with the bridge to the actual Voyager 6 probe. CGI Kirk, Spock, Ilia probe, Decker, and McCoy on saucer. Good recreation of scene if not actual footage used in the movie.

June: Damaged Enterprise NX-01 in the Romulan minefield. The mines are visible as are the 2 Birds-of Prey. Not an actual scene from the episode.

Center: Close-up of three Starfleet personnel in spacesuits on the Enterprise NX-01 saucer near the deflector dish. Inspection pod with what appears to be Archer is nearby.

July: Voyager flying-by near the surface of a large body of water. Lightening streaks in background.

August: A shuttlepod approaching the Enterprise NX-01. Close-up of the underside of the Enterprise.

September: The Enterprise NCC-1701-E at Romulus. It's the Nemesis CGI model with the weapons additions. Not an actual scene from the movie.

October: Enterprise NX-01 faceoff with 2 Vulcan ships (I forget the class name) and 3 alien ships (I don't think we've seen these before, but I could be wrong) in orbit of unknown planet.

November: Enterprise NCC-1701-D and unknown/unlabeled Excelsior class ship flyby in Earth orbit. Double-mushroom type spacedock in near background. Mars also in background. The E-D is clearly a drawing as the registry number is off-center on the ventral side of the saucer. Also upon close inspection, an escape pod is also not drawn on.

December: E-nil meets the Botany Bay. Not a scene from the episode.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Thanks for the list!

Nothing from DS9 - and more importantly, nothing "unseen". That is to say, nothing not including ships or CG models of the main ships in the franchise (like the shot of random BoPs, or a Miranda burning up in the atmosphere). It's that variation and expansion of the Trek universe that I buy these things for in the first place. Grumble.

I want Mojo back.

Mark

PS - The October shot sounds like one of the Andorian episodes from last year..?

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Thumbnails of the calendar pages have been posted at TrekBBS
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed - I want Mojo and his silky shirts back! [Smile]

Mark can you let him know!?!

Can you also pass on the idea about him doing a wall poster i.e. a cool scene a la sotl - but bigger - more room to do stuff. Beauty shots everything - to put on the wall. There haven't been any Trek posters in over a decade!! (I'm not talking pull-outs people).

I'd buy it in ONE SECOND and it'd go STRAIGHT ON MY WALL!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those pictures don't look to bad!! Darren Dochterman's pics are the best.

Doug Drexler's pic of the space dock and the Gal and Excelsior - look like something I could piece together in Photoshop. [Razz] Why is Mars so close?

His Voyager looks like a cut and paste too.

Bonchune's Refits in an Asteroid field is a bit... boring.

E-E - v. boring.

The three best are Voyager over the Water, The Botany Bay - the E-Nil looks great and the attack on the Planet Killer.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That original CGI of the Doomsday Machine would almost make the whole calendar worth getting! Dang, that looks sweet!

True, the range and originality isn't what it used to be (dammit, we need Mojo back!), but the effects still look pretty darn good... at least in the thumbnails. [Wink] I can still use some wall artwork... at least, to supplement the stuff I've already got, including a Starfleet Museum "original" poster...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this one a HELL of a lot better than the artsy shots of last years calander.

The E-nil with Botany Bay is my favorite because the E-nil actually has some subtle azec patterns!

Sweeet.

I really like the Enterprise E shot (as a modeler it's great refrence) but it's not very imaginative.
I shot of her being towed back to spacedock with half a saucer by a new fed ship would have been more to my liking. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's have some scans to see what people are missing...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The calander's 20 plus inches across.
My scanner (at work, no less) is not.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps