Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Why Wolf 359? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Why Wolf 359?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
Is it possible that it was scouring the system for any possible resistance?

Possible, sure. I'm still sticking with the physics and efficiency explanation.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Or the camera was turned upside-down. [Wink]

There could have been any amount of defenses the cube had to plow through. I find it tough to believe that with every available ship having been blown up at Wolf 359, all Earth had left were three crappy drones. Plus, if the cube DIDN'T disable everything on the way in, what were they gonna do when they got to Earth? Wait for them to show up?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Plus, if the cube DIDN'T disable everything on the way in, what were they gonna do when they got to Earth? Wait for them to show up?

Well, if the Fleet failed to stop the Cube, I doubt any of the the defenses inside the system would stand a much better chance. Besides, what are the chances of any help reaching Earth from the other planets? AFAIK, the Mars Defense Perimeter drones weren't warp capable. Each planet seem to rely on its own fixed defenses.

Also, if Borg assimilated Spacedock, and/or Earth's defense network, the Cube won't even have to do anything.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or if they can manage to shut down the planetwide powergrid (which is a stupid idea anyway) a la "Homefront"/"Paradise Lost"...

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
Exactly! There's no reason to assume that Jupiter Station has to be in orbit around Jupiter itself. It could very easily be a station that moves along Jupiter's orbit, possibly at a L4 or L5 Lagrange Point.

Jupiter Station is in orbit of Jupiter, VGR "Lifeline." But the Jupiter Outposts are, now maybe I'm just nitpicking here, but I get the impression your confusing the two which is why I mention it.

I admit, I was wrong on that Saturn thing... I haven't seen the episode in years.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J:
I admit, I was wrong on that Saturn thing... I haven't seen the episode in years.

Well, if you edit out Shelby's psychosis, both episodes only run about eleven minutes.
Worth watching again with your finger poised on the "fast forward" button. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh?
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps