Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Jem Hadar fighter (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jem Hadar fighter
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the premium vs. unleaded theory is actually a pretty nifty one. If we saw no purple-bellied bugs in the Gamma quadrant, we could argue that the invasion force in Alpha used local fuel, resulting in a different emission spectrum...

So, when did we see 'em bugs in Gamma? "Starship Down"? "The Ship"? "In Purgatory's Shadow"? A bit too often for the theory to hold.

Timo Saloniemi

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish these things didn't need to be explained...

Hell, if we were all colorblind it really wouldnt matter whatsoever.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue belly, lol.

Just gotta say, that ship is possibly the best alien cruiser design ever, I love it.
Especially that rear view first posted in this thread.
It looks like a predator, arms (pylons) spread out and looking for something to shred to pieces.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Phlox:
Here's a good view of the underside. The difference in colouring shows up well.

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=2981740

Did you take that capture? It is VERY good. One of the clearest I've seen of that scene.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found it(with a few others) while doing a search on Google once, it's from the website of the guy who did the CGI. [Smile] I'll see if I can find it again, there's a good shot of the Cardassian workbee in one of the pics.

Edit. I've found it. http://www.bossanova.com/jdaniel/gallery/gallery-vfx.htm

You can see a good shot of the Cardassian workbee in this pic, I'm fairly sure it's the same model as Assan's vessel in "Drive".
http://www.bossanova.com/jdaniel/gallery/cg/cardystation2.jpg

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
W00000 ^^
great site

And...
[Not to go off topic, ok slightly]
...take a look at this pic
http://www.bossanova.com/jdaniel/gallery/cg/defiantdies.jpg

Doesn't this pic solves the mystery of that hulk in the upper right hand corner?
I mean, we can be sure now it's a nebula and not a galaxy in anyway. In anyway! [Razz]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
S'what I've been saying all along...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoundEffect:
It may just be the difference between the physical model of the fighter's color versus the CGI version that appeared later. "Jem'Hadar" was still filmed with models.

Well, someone would have to check to see when the underbelly became blue then. The Jem'Hadar ships were still largely models up to season 5, weren't they?

And I always called them "attack bugs", or something similar. But I am crazy.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
The Jem'Hadar ships were still largely models up to season 5, weren't they?

Yep. I believe there was still times they used the physical miniature in season 6, such as "Rocks and Shoals" and "Favor the Bold" (and possibly others). I'm pretty sure those two Bugs that fly over the Defiant in "FtB" are the miniature.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are two good top-to-bottom screenshots of the ship. The top shot is the ship from "The Jem'Hadar", and the bottom shot is the ship from the next episode, "The Search".

-

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps