Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » DS9-- USS Odyssey Bridge, possible explaination (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: DS9-- USS Odyssey Bridge, possible explaination
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing it's a combination of Coffee Storerooms and DIY Shuttle Kits. [Smile]
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voyager may not hve been completed up to the specifications of later Intrepid class ships either:
We know, for instance, that there was no Aeroshuttle installed.
Voyager's mission should have been quick and easy: she embarked with a new crew, new captain and new starship design into unknown territory on a mission that ws likely more a chance to shakedown the crew and ship than to really solve the ongoing Maquis problem.
I think that Voyager was only partially equiped and had a lot of interior space left unfinished.
Plus double-bunking the junior members may have served a morale issue (lonliness) and have given Ensign Sudor more of a challenge. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, two weeks later, I think I may have finally put a face on this topic rather than a topic based solely on a hazy recollection. [Wink]

Check it out.

I did my best to get a 'pan' of the bridge between the jolts and flashs...picture #5 appears to be the ops officer/post.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure looks like a main bridge (and NOT a battle bridge) to me. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it is at least almost a 3/4 bridge and it seems they went as far as an ops officer despite a split second of camera time. Otherwise the whole, wrap-around ramp with the 'tactical rail' is very Galaxy main-bridge. The only major differences I see is 1.) that there is that door that appears to be midway between where the ready room and the turbo lift would be, 2.)the far-left-back of the bridge seems deeper, and is all 'stand up' computers in the back, and evidently not the 'sit down' consols along the back, 3.)the captains chair seems to be more foreward than the first officers chair.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I actually think of those as improvments to the Enterprise bridge.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix:
I'm guessing it's a combination of Coffee Storerooms and DIY Shuttle Kits. [Smile]

-
the old standby

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

...but I thought Voyager had 45 shuttles. [Confused]

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I challenge our resident bridge expert to draw up a plan for this bridge... *pokes Mark* [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Screamin' funny! [Big Grin]

So....you can make me a MSD?
I'll buy you a pony....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
I challenge our resident bridge expert to draw up a plan for this bridge... *pokes Mark* [Wink]

I actually did that a few years back, though it didn't look so hot. So instead, I'll point you to the bridge of the Nebula-class Prometheus, the set's previous appearance. All you have to do is put another couple of stations where that grille is, with opaque bulkheads where the upper monitors would be. Swap out the port and starboard consoles for the big tactical rail, and STEPS (not ramps ) on the sides to get up and down. The aft doors are probably still there.

Remove the second step where the CO chair is, move it forward on an expanded first step up, and pop in two more slightly behind it. In my sketch, I put in a small situational table a la Defiant between the two chairs behind for them to work. The forward consoles and p/s exits remain the same.

See? Not terribly pretty, but it works.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second that challenge! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In addition to the uniforms, further proof that Starfleet is sizist - imagine trying to squeeze through that alleged turbolift door. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

tnpir4002
Member # 2175

- posted      Profile for tnpir4002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm kinda curious about this, I don't see any real shots of the Oddy bridge on Trekcore and the ZIP file references here appears to be a broken link; can someone re-upload it? I want to see what you're referring to with the talk of the forward stations here.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps