Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » DS9-- USS Odyssey Bridge, possible explaination (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: DS9-- USS Odyssey Bridge, possible explaination
tnpir4002
Member # 2175

- posted      Profile for tnpir4002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm kinda curious about this, I don't see any real shots of the Oddy bridge on Trekcore and the ZIP file references here appears to be a broken link; can someone re-upload it? I want to see what you're referring to with the talk of the forward stations here.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Never underestimate the number of people you can cram into a starship. The average aircraft carrier is a mere 300m long and 40m tall, no? One of those has 5000-6000 crew under NORMAL conditions. A GCS can swallow at least a couple of these!

Mark

I usually like to add to the myth. You know how people have said that Carriers are like cities at sea. They are...

only the city in question?

The Bronx. [Big Grin]

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read something where Probert had designed the E-D to hold 4,000 crew, but due to budgetary reasons and limited funds for background extras, Gene R. said the ship only had a crew of 1,000.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Air date for "The Jem'Hadar" was 12 June (1994). Generations was shooting from 24 March - 9 June. I would imagine the brigde destruction was filmed last or near the end of the shoot. I'm too lazy to look up the exact shooting dates for the Jem'Hadar now, but the point is: why didn't they use that set?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shatner's hairpiece had gotten loose and no one dared approach it's chosen nesting ground- the bridge set.
Eventually they managed to restrain the creature, sadly it ate William Shatner's neck before the tranks took effect.
Look at those Priceline commercials if yuo dont believe me- his neck is just...gone.

His head is held onto his torso via stitches and double-stick tape.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mirror-Amasov:
Air date for "The Jem'Hadar" was 12 June (1994). Generations was shooting from 24 March - 9 June. I would imagine the brigde destruction was filmed last or near the end of the shoot. I'm too lazy to look up the exact shooting dates for the Jem'Hadar now, but the point is: why didn't they use that set?

Probably because the air date of the TNG finale "All Good Things ..." was late May 1994, meaning "The Jem'Hadar" was shooting concurrently or near-concurrently to the TNG finale, and so far as I know they pretty much went rip-roaring right to the movie stuff after that.

Perhaps on some idle week when TNG had a heavy location show they could've used the bridge set extensively and maybe even done the same sort of pyrotechnics the Odyssey bridge received, but TNG's bridge-heavy (and even modified-bridge-heavy) finale? I'm guessing not.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chances are then that the Odyssey's scenes were filmed on the Generations bridge but in close-up to either conceal Saucer-crash damage or to keep secret the Generations bridge mods (extra consoles etc.).

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But it was not and what we saw indicates they used the swing bridge set previously dressed as the Nebbie class Prometheus bridge.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They used the battle bridge, the same set that was used for Sisko's Saratoga in the pilot episode.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which was later dressed as the Prometheus bridge.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps