Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Timo's Hitchhiker's Guide to the UFP Starfleet (Page 7)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Timo's Hitchhiker's Guide to the UFP Starfleet
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most pukeworthy form of flattery nowadays is finding your name on one of those whachamacallem flypaper keyword lists, right between "teens awaiting" and "totally free"... I've so far seen two cases. (Yes, I'm vain enough to google my name once or twice a year, in case people snicker a lot behind my back and I can't figure out why. Although actually I use Altavista.)

If this isn't enough to make your head swell, I can't imagine what would be. No Jay jokes intended or solicited.

As for the groupies issue, watch our Eurovision song contest contribution this year. I'll be the two-headed cockroach at the bass.

Timo Saloniemi

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I google my name, I get football players, hockey players, a few convicts and my own models.

Also some woman's blog talking about how I'm such a dick for sleeping around....it's not even me!
I should get to bang/dump her just for defamation of character...a man should only be slandered for things he actually did. [Wink]

Crappy common name- I'm changing it to Hans.

Hans Olo.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timo chives:
quote:
watch our Eurovision song contest contribution this year. I'll be the two-headed cockroach at the bass.
I thought you was this guy;
 -

Aah, it practically writes itself.

On the same note, here is one of the swedish contestants in 1998. Check out the nose on the backup singer.
 -

Revanche
Member # 953

- posted      Profile for Revanche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thread necrophilia here, but my admiration is still strong for this work. On a whim, I d/l'd from Sol System's post on page 5 and saw that the file had been updated in November of 2006.

I've already printed out the whole work previously posted back in March into 4 tape-bound books (written by "Prof. Timo Saloniemi, Star Fleet Academy"). Where the captions for the pictures are, I created standardized boxes, though there is, of course, no picture in them. With a few hours of layout work and then the process of binding (about US$3.00 each), all 4 volume looks excellent. They take up a prominent position on my 'personal canon' Star Trek shelf.

I'm going to printout the changes and do a page-by-page comparison, but I suspect I'll be reprinting my work, to bring it up to date. Just wanted to say how great it is, wish it could see a real printer and hope to see more great works from you.

Request: when you do update the stuff, can you continue to indicate so in this thread, and list what was changed?

Thanks!

- Rev

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes!

I feel so dirty now, for not doing anything much in the way of updates. Okay, here's what little I have typed in the past months, after stumbling onto new/old novels or posters.
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/245/Part1a.zip
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/245/Part1b.zip
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/245/Parts23.zip

-There's the Cahuya class from Star Station Aurora ship-recognition poster.

-The Horizon class is revamped, now encompassing the Spaceflight Chronology battle cruiser Advance plus a few other odds and ends in the 1000 and 1300 registry ranges.

-The Apache (NCC-3190) also from that old Aurora poster becomes the design for some of those "missing cruisers" that the Ships of the Star Fleet tables list in huge numbers. Alliterative subclasses include Albion (a way to bunch up a number of British starship names in the novels) and Ashanti.

-Ranger and Bonaventure slightly altered. Byrd galactic survey cruisers (Starfleet Battles) added.

-I sorted out the Oberths and Garneaus in terms of subclasses and registries (that was fun!), but little of it probably shows in the text.

-The Constellation entry tries to accommodate Diane Duane's twists from The Bloodwing Voyages.

-The "Galaxy class" cruisers from ST2/3 novelizations become the Draco class.

Also, random stuff in the second and third parts, mainly ENT-inspired older small craft.

Part 1a (to the end of TOS) still contains some double-??s but Part 1b is mostly done till I get some radically new inspiration. And Part 3 remains only halfway done, although I like to think about new angles on the shuttlecraft.

Thanks for the interest!

Timo Saloniemi

Revanche
Member # 953

- posted      Profile for Revanche     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, thanks both for the updates and the synopsis. Heavy reading for me over the next few weeks!
thesonofodin
Member # 1025

- posted      Profile for thesonofodin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey timo, ne new updates???

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with wearing Depends at my age!!!
I'm just too lazy to get up and goto the bathroom!!!!

Timo
Member # 245

Aargh... I knew I'd forgotten something. Okay, updates coming by the end of the week.

Any suggestions where I should put them? The individual files are well over the 1 MB limit of FlareUpLoad, and I'm disinterested in chopping them down further. So... Any favorite services?

Timo Saloniemi

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could use an upload service like RapidShare or MediaFire or something like that.
Timo
Member # 245

...RapidShare it is. An unfortunate development, though: I've finally managed to lose a memory stick for good. Too bad it contained updates on the Guide that aren't backed up anywhere... A learning experience, I guess.

It will probably take me the whole week to recover from the loss of work-related files - I'm inches away from suicide right now, seriously. But next week I'll put together the Guide updates again. I hope.

Timo Saloniemi

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep your chin up, we'll wait.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been there with my image files. Hence I now have triple backups. It also helps to have a laptop and an external drive.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RapidShare is awful. Stick with Mediafire.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mediafire is awful. Stick with Megaupload.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Megaupload is awful, stick with Fruity Oaty Bars.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps