Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Cool Trek studio models! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Cool Trek studio models!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check it out:
http://www.jetcafe.org/bruce/portfolio/TV_Shows2/FrameSet.htm

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent. I always enjoy seeing new photos of the studio models. Thanks, Jason.

Interesting how one of the photos has two D'deridex Warbird miniatures together. This might give some credence to the "two different Warbird miniatures" theory, or they may simply be two castings of the same mould.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that Jason! That site is Gold! Love the Oberth shot! Since I hadn't seen a good shot of the TNG era of Oberths, I hadn't realized they had placed Transporter Emitter decals on the filming miniature!

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's this then? A proto-T'Pau? Or modification of the T'Pau model I've forgotten about?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the Vulcan freighter from "For the Cause"?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...And general DS9 use, I'd wager.

[aside]

Holy FOOK, man! It's Earth*Star Voyager and Triton Corsair! I haven't seen that show in ages, and the models kicked major ass. But... no Vanguard Explorer? [Frown]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Bajoran StarDestroyer....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.jetcafe.org/bruce/portfolio/Movies_4/pages/StarTrek_TMP-01.htm

Never seen that before. Looks very different to the Klingon guns from ST3 onwards. I'm surprised they built gun props for the Klingons in TMP.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's possible that the Warbird model behind the bloke is damaged, which is why they are building a new one.

Also, the one in the back seems to be in the TNG colour schemem, whereas the one at front looks more DS9-ish, although it also looks unfinished.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And wasn't the Veco a custom made model for that episode, rather than a modification of the Grissom?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
What's this then? A proto-T'Pau? Or modification of the T'Pau model I've forgotten about?

Probably when the T'Pau model was modified for Tosk's ship in "Captive Pursuit." I'm guessing that that splotch on the warp cowling is supposed to be battle damage...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
And wasn't the Veco a custom made model for that episode, rather than a modification of the Grissom?

Yes, the Vico was a custom model with full damage detail.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed that about the Vico -- the image's caption stated that it was 18 inches long. I thought that was pretty small for an ILM model, even if it was supposed to be a small ship, too. I'd forgotten that they made a custom model to show all that damage...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent link! I'm curious about the Earthstar models. What was the premise of that show? What was the battleship? I don't recall ever seeing that before today.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
A Bajoran StarDestroyer....

That's the freighter with the red nacelle glow from the opening credits (and numerous other apearances, including a nacelle-less black version from Voyager).
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps