Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Akira in Tears of the Prophets (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Akira in Tears of the Prophets
o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi together,

in the above mentioned episode of DS9 an Akira class starship will be destroyed by the defense plattforms.

Since you can see the Akira from above, you can barely see the reg!

Has anybody a clear shot of this reg? What's the number? Is it the same as for the Thunderchild from First Contract?

Greeting, o2

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is on existing reference photos... hardly visibly however, I estimates that we smile nicely and for any DVD screencaps please could.

[Big Grin]

I mean, it's barely visible on existing reference photos. But, I guess we could smile nice and ask for some DVD screencaps [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they ever changed the registries on any of DS9's CGI models.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I have a cap, yes, but for some reason it is not possible to upload it. Don't ask why...

On Ex Astris Scientia you can read (in the starship section) that there is an Akira class starship with the reg NCC - 63646. Not to be confused with the Thunderchild (NCC - 63647). Maybe it is this one?

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, the Thunderchild is NCC-63549. NCC-63646 is a number people thought they read off the Thunderchild when she first appeared in FC.

And if you're trying to use the Flare upload, don't bother until you're a senior member.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and you can only become a Senior Member after hazing and, of course, your tithe.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

o2
Member # 907

Yes, you are right, the Thunderchild is NCC-63549.

But - again - what about this ship from TptP? Anyone able to identify the reg?

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can e-mail me with the pic . . . I'll host it for ya.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voila.

link

Looks like 63425 to me.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm fairly certain that Mojo confirmed that they never bothered altering the Akira's reg number from the Thunderchild's original image maps, throughout the run of DS9.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe because we were never going to get a close-up shot of one? But, it really does look like 63425 to me as well.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

o2
Member # 907

I agree with a 63xxx as reg. The fourth digit looks like a 4 to me, not like a 2. And the third and fifth digit could be anything like 5,6,8 or 9.

Unfortunately, in this case it could be the reg of the Thunderchild. Would this be a contradiction? Did we saw the destruction of the Thunderchild in First Contract or in any other episode of DS9 (Thunderchild identified by reg)?

Mayby we now have the "proof" that the Thunderthild eventually was destroyed during this battle.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THe only other Akiras with a registries I've seen were part od that card game: those were the Spector and the Jupiter.
Fucked if I can find where those registries are though....mabye MMM's site has it...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think shots like this can count as proof of an individual ships destruction. Or even that it existed. The number was never changed, and was never meant to be seen closely. If the model dudes have made an effort to change the registry on a CGI or physical model, then we can assume that said ship is what it's labelled as (for instance, the Venture). But if it hasn't been changed, then it's just a random ship. Unless all those Excelsior class ships the Enterprise-D kept meeting really were the Hood, and the Captain just lied about the name.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

o2
Member # 907

But in this case you can (almost) see the reg of the Akira! And you can see its destruction very clearly.

I know that we saw other Akira under fire and some of them were serious damaged, too, but since we can't read their reg, it doesn't matter.

The same thing with the "hoodish" Excelsiors. Even if the model was labeled so, it was not visible on the screen. So we don't have a contradicion, when a captain named it .

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps