Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise- A Deck plans tour (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Enterprise- A Deck plans tour
Gerard - Gilso
Member # 1213

- posted      Profile for Gerard - Gilso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, Sorry I have not been around for a while. I thought that since I was passing by I would let all the people know at this Forum of the new update at my site.

Decks A through to H are open and I will try and complete the rest of the project, time permitting of cource.

Please enjoy the tour, and most of all any and all comments good, and even better bad are welcome. Its good to be back.

The Link Address is http://www.gilsostartrekschematics.co.uk/enterpriseadeck/maindeckmenu/maindeckmenu.html

--------------------
Gerard - Gilso of
Gilsostartrekschematics

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard, Gerard!
Love your site: it's great to build models from.
Although you still havent re-scaled the sabre from the 350 meter(ish) size to the 170(ish) size it should be. 8)

You planning on doing any NX-01 Enterprise ship comparisons?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your link doesn't work for me. All I get are "The page cannot be found" messages at every level except for the root, at which I get a "Forbidden" message.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Gerard - Gilso
Member # 1213

- posted      Profile for Gerard - Gilso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I checked the Server, they have had a crash. Will be up and running with in the hour.

--------------------
Gerard - Gilso of
Gilsostartrekschematics

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice work! The format is quite good, though one really needs a bigger screen for the bigger decks. I can understand the reason for it, though.

And, I enjoyed the bowling alley / firing range on Deck 6. For frustrated bowlers? [Smile]

(guy rolls ball)
(ball knocks over all but one pin)
Opponent: "Aww, so sad. You missed one."
(Player whips out phaser and vapes the pin)
Player: "Funny, looks like a strike to me."

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Starship Salvage Ops
Member # 1212

- posted      Profile for Starship Salvage Ops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those look really good. Thanks.
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent work. I still wish I had my original set of Enterprise plans.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might want to know that, at least in Mozilla 1.5, whenever you hover on a location name and it gets highlighted on the blueprint, the highlight image appears a little down and to the right of where it should be.
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDITED TO SQUELCH DOUBLE POST!!!

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

MrNeutron
Member # 524

Hey, just looked at the plans, they're pretty terrific!

Two small quibbles:

On Deck 8 you've drawn the airlocks to conform to Mr. Scott's Guide, but the layouts in that book are, sadly, incorrect and don't match what's shown on screen. As this photo shows, what's directy across from the entrance is a sloped wall with a bench. There's no docking ring type airlock door there. Since Kirk enters the airlock through the small door in the background, I'd say it's better to assume the outside hatch is through more or less directly to the (on screen) left of that inside hatch.

The total number of decks.
Yes, never established canonically in any ships of the 1701-A type, but reviewing the the Red Alert status screen seen in TWOK and the TMP trailers, that ship only appears to be 20 decks tall, and there's only one full deck in the superstructure below the bridge.

--------------------

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gilso.
Very nice effect.
However, the plans you scanned are an intellectual property. If you cannot contact the original artist for permission to publish them, at least do him the courtesy of crediting him on the webpage.
...lest he become pissed at you.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Gerard - Gilso
Member # 1213

The credit information has been added, and the plans where created by Strategic Design, not by intellectual property, from my copy of the Deck plans. I have already spoken about the idea of putting these plans on other Forums where I did try and get in contact with David Schmidt. I did receive alot of feedback from different sources and have stated many times that I do not rip off other peoples work. I just try and show a wide audience, what material they have for a reference point at my site. I also had to take into consideration about printing and people downloading off my site.

I have split the different graphics and also created some bigger, some smaller so no information can be copied and pasted to create a new set of prints.

I hope this answers a few peoples questions as to why such a small screen size was used and why the deck plans where broken up into different sizes.

http://www.gilsostartrekschematics.co.uk/enterpriseadeck/maindeckmenu/maindeckmenu.html

--------------------
Gerard - Gilso of
Gilsostartrekschematics

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Assault Transporter Room"? Nani?

I guess it makes sense to dedicate one room to any Marine actions common to this corner of the fandom. But just one 6-person transporter? Somehow I'd think using one of the 22-person units would make more sense. I guess for mass-beamdowns they'd just cycle squads to the other five rooms, which would likely not be being used for anything else if the situation were as such. But in that case, why even have one dedicated to their use?

I guess it harkens back to the Elite Force games, where Voyager and Enterprise were seen to have a whole mess of EF troops but no transporter large enough to accomodate them all...

Also, the bridge was the ST6 edition of the ship. Nice - the better of the two. [Smile]

Mark

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you planning on designing the rest of the decks of the Enterprise? It sure looks awesome what you are doing and it was about time that it happened. Great Job. [Wink]
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An 'intellectual property' is any copyrighted or patented work or concept.

Thanks for the credits. I'm not trying to be small about this - in point of fact, when my partner showed me your site, I was amazed by the web-based layering effect, and we may use it on some of our current work (where errors such as Mr. Neutron noted have been fixed).

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.