Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise- A Deck plans tour (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Enterprise- A Deck plans tour
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
p.s. to Mark and Sarvek.

Yes, all the decks exist on the published copy Gilso is utilizing.

The Marine (Security) dedicated transporter room was designed to allow for:
a) a transporter room close to the Marine's ready room/armory.
b) A higher level of security in moving prisoners from the holding cells to the transporter.
c) Smaller travel distance from Assault Spacesuit lockers to transporter.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One could say the role of the Marines is deliberately being downplayed in this design, as there surely would be other ships dedicated to the sort of boarding or landing actions that would require those 22-pad monstrosities. For the Enterprise-mods, Marines might be on board mainly for small scale special operations raids.

I'd like to see addressd the necklace of dorsal hatches visible on the Enterprise model but not on the otherwise similar Reliant saucer. Those hatches, identical to the small airlock/elevator thingies at the rim, have been speculatd to be lifeboats here and elsewhere...

Also, perhaps a bit more detail for decks two and three would be in order - even if it's just one big red blob in the Red Alert graphics. I find it a bit unlikely that the "command tower" of the ship would be so completely dedicated to recreation. Surely at least the exterior would mount "command-towerishy" things like sensors and comm arrays, even if the interior was available for nice cafeterias.

The bridge level seems a bit too cramped to me - is there really a need for a Ready Room, or for access to the aft port from BOTH turboshafts?

All this IMHO, of course.

Timo Saloniemi

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On our new vesion we are addressing those very concerns - hatches and 'command tower' (which I refer to as the Superstructure).

--------------------

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Treknophyle:
On our new vesion we are addressing those very concerns - hatches and 'command tower' (which I refer to as the Superstructure).

And fix the airlocks while you're at it, please. [Wink]

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MrNeutron:
and there's only one full deck in the superstructure below the bridge.

Don't know about that. Correct me if I'm wrong but in TMP isn't there a big sign in the lower level of the rec room that reads "Deck 7"? That would mean the structure below the bridge would have to be two decks.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Treknophyle
Member # 509

I see two as well.

--------------------

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's two at the front, but where the Officer's Lounge window is at the back is a really high ceiling...that's what's misleading. There are two decks, but the aft lounge (Deck C) has a high ceiling.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

goose814
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, in the book "Starlog Photo Guidebook, Special Effects Vol. 5" there is an article written by Andy Probert. This article contains several illustrations by Andy including a sideview drawing of the Enterprise's primary hull prior to being modified to the final version (with self-illumination). This drawing shows the primary hull to be 8 decks thick with the superstructure under the bridge to be only 1 deck.
IP: Logged
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by goose814:
Actually, in the book "Starlog Photo Guidebook, Special Effects Vol. 5" there is an article written by Andy Probert. This article contains several illustrations by Andy including a sideview drawing of the Enterprise's primary hull prior to being modified to the final version (with self-illumination). This drawing shows the primary hull to be 8 decks thick with the superstructure under the bridge to be only 1 deck.

Well, to be clear, it shows figures on the first four decks of the ship but that's all. You have to infer 8 from the space below.

On the other hand I re-introduce into evidence the Red Alert diagram seen in ST2 and made for TMP (seen in trailers):

-

Click HERE for a cleaned-up image based on a framegrab of same, showing saucer with 9 decks total.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

goose814
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if you look to the right of the illustration you can see lines above & below the primary hull denoting decks:

2 above the rim
2 below the rim
2 in the rim
1 for the bridge
1 for the superstructure under the bridge

IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This should help:
http://members.tripod.com/~DesignR/TrekTMP2.html

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So does that mean that the rec deck actually fits into the ship now?

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you go for that recessed level thing.....
mabye.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
One could say the role of the Marines is deliberately being downplayed in this design, as there surely would be other ships dedicated to the sort of boarding or landing actions that would require those 22-pad monstrosities. For the Enterprise-mods, Marines might be on board mainly for small scale special operations raids.

classes of ships such as the Chanley frigate?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

quote:
Originally posted by Manticore:
So does that mean that the rec deck actually fits into the ship now?

No, because the inboard end of the room is over two decks tall. Whoops.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.