Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Enterprise- A Deck plans tour (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Enterprise- A Deck plans tour
Justin
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thoguht that the miranda class DID have those underside hatches.
IP: Logged
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching the TMP Director's Cut last night (for sickbay screengrabs), I had the Michael Okuda, Text commentary on. During his commentary, he stated that the Refit Enterprise was intended to look unfinished (mainly because they didn't know if the sets would all be finished on time). This explains why the shuttle bay was open to the cargo deck, but later closed. Some sets where also intended to be used in different locations, like the rec-deck. They moved it from aft, primary hull, to the lower secondary hull (big bay windows....), then moved it to the edge of the primary hull. Along the way, the set didn't shrink to fit. The two big turbo-shafts where originally supposed to be the same ones that go up to the bridge.

My personal view is that the convex curve under the primary hull isn't really intended to cut that deck height down, so much, even though it looks that way from the outside. The rec-deck fits just like the forwards corridor from engineering...

As much as I like David Schmidt's deck plan, having the turboshaft down the front of the dorsal just doesn't work, either.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forced to agree with you there.
The next version will have it mid-pylon.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Lewis
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Gerard - Gilso:
Hi all, Sorry I have not been around for a while. I thought that since I was passing by I would let all the people know at this Forum of the new update at my site.

Decks A through to H are open and I will try and complete the rest of the project, time permitting of cource.

Please enjoy the tour, and most of all any and all comments good, and even better bad are welcome. Its good to be back.

The Link Address is http://www.gilsostartrekschematics.co.uk/enterpriseadeck/maindeckmenu/maindeckmenu.html

Lewis
Ex-Member

This is what I see when clicking on your link.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /enterpriseadeck/maindeckmenu/maindeckmenu.html on this server.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.gilsostartrekschematics.co.uk Port 80

Lewis
Ex-Member

This is all I get when clicking on you link...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /enterpriseadeck/maindeckmenu/maindeckmenu.html on this server.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.gilsostartrekschematics.co.uk Port 80

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, another one. Why didn't anyone tell me it was Revive Old Dead Threads Week?

[Big Grin]
Marian

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's some sort of new member thing: ressurect an old thread nad get a free Flare decoder-ring or something.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, even when I was a regular around here, I never resurrected any old threads. [Razz]

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's why you never picked up on all the coded stuff we said about you.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, it's all right. He'll eventually find this thread and discover this link.

...yep. Just a matter of time.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ace, Lewis is looking for the Enterprise-A deck plans that Gilso was working on. The link you have has no directory for the plans and no link to them. Granted, the directory could have been renamed and the link to the tour hidden (very well-hidden since I didn't see it on any of the pages).

Lewis, this thread is Gilso's message about his site shutting down.

It is a shame that the tour is gone; those were some very nice and impressive blueprints.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I realized later that the link didn't have the plans, but I figured he still might like the other stuff on there. As to the even earlier thread...well, there's a link to it in the latter one. [Smile] Blah.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, but it does have the announcement. I noticed in your link that Bernd said an email he got from Gilso in this past summer said he was trying to get his website back up and running. So, that's good news if it does happen.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps