Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ Flirting Tech? ["Harbinger" spoilers] (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ Flirting Tech? ["Harbinger" spoilers]
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- Timestamp is December 27th, 2153. About two weeks since last episode.

- "Starfleet training" again, no Academy.

- The MACOs want the regulars to take up some tactical training. Reed doesn't particularly likes it.

- The MACOs have never fought aliens before joining NX-01. They only had 'simulated combat on Earth's surface'.

- The MACO girl is called Amanda Cole, a Corporal. I think we hadn't seen here before.

- Hayes is directly under Reed's command, and addresses him as "Sir".

- That little badge on his right shoulder is definitely the TOS "Command" star.

- Mayweather has almost three entire lines!

- Big Giant Freaky Anomalies. It's all gone gooey!

- The grappler is used. I guess it's the first time we see it without the sensor package.

- The alien looks like a mix between Suliban and Tosk.

- First correct use of the word 'upload' in Star Trek. Yay!

- The MACO training is obviously not "Starfleet regulation". Our poor brightly colored crew gets kicked hard by MACO fists. They seem to either train in an empty cargo bay or have their own gym. Or they emptied the old gym of the 'toys'.

More later.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
- Despite that the MACOs have never fought anything off Earth, they have designed some sort of targeting training system on Jupiter Station.

- They let the Starfleeters train with the MACO rifles.

- The alien is a transdimensional being. He's capable of walking through stuff, a la Daniels trick and the interphase cloak. His last words: "When the Xindi destroy Earth, my people will prevail". So now.. transdimensionals are involved in the Temporal War too...

- Errr... I guess this episode has the dubious honor of being the first time regulars had sex with eachother. But the scene leading up to it wasn't nearly as weird as I feared for.

--------------------

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
- Errr... I guess this episode has the dubious honor of being the first time regulars had sex with eachother.
Data and Yar.

Sisko and alternate Dax.

Worf and Dax.

Paris and Janeway.

Paris and Torres.

Riker and Troi.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Yes. But we didn't actually see Worf's ass... Not that I'm complaining.

--------------------

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lack of military experience really suggests that Earth has been pretty peaceful for a while. This is,what, about a century after WW III?

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then again, those MACOs don't look one hundred years old [Smile]
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forgot Ezri and Bashir ... Odo and Kira ... Riker and Ro ... if we want to count "irregulars", let's not forget Rom and Leeta ... Garak and Ziyal ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you also forgot Worf and Troi ... (that might be more of an 'implied' thing) ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing that Harry's talking about regulars in THIS series.

Mark

[ February 11, 2004, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Um, so why is it a "dubious" honor?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...the one time I make a point to catch Enterprise and get me an antenna to pull in UPN and its preempted by the NBA... [Mad]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From a technical makeup POV, I was very pleased to see that both Reed and Hayes has bruised and swelled considerably the day after the fight.
This may well mark the first time we've seen two Enterprise crewmen really kick each other's asses.

Good to see Mayweather can kick butt.

One thing: what happened to the MACO actor that was in Crusade?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd point: Archer notes that MACO training and technology are 3 years *ahead* of Starfleet.

And I thought we had seen before that Mayweather can kick butt. Or at least hold his own pretty well. Can't remember specifically where, though.

In that last scene with Archer dressing down Reed and Hayes, is it just me, or did Reed look like he was about to burst out laughing?

B.J.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I expected the two of them to start laughting afterwards as well.

That happened to me and a freind back in sixth grade...although he only lost a tooth and I got a black eye.
Made us pals though, and I bet it does here as well.
Trek has a tradition of sorts of making characters that dont initially like each other into pals:
McCoy and Spock, Bashier and O'Brien, Mayweather and his imaginary freind "Mr Quiet"....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

I really did look like Reed (or more likely Dominic Keating) was about to burst into laughing when Archer yelled at him [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps