Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ST: Voyager - Season 1 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: ST: Voyager - Season 1
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a feeling this will turn into an intervention before all is said and done, but yes, I just received (2) Season 1 Voyager box sets and I was curious if anyone was interested in obtaining any particular captures from said compilation?

I've already lined up so caps of Voyager docked at DS9 and of Chakotays vessel, possibly the Kazon and so forth. Any other demands?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh Nelix's debris field...

Shots of Genevieve Bujould??

Voyager landing (more so it already landed) in "the 37's" - although I'm not sure if that ep (which is season 1 and was released in Australia as season 1 on the videos) will be a part of your dvd collection.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Oooh Nelix's debris field...

Shots of Genevieve Bujould??

Voyager landing (more so it already landed) in "the 37's" - although I'm not sure if that ep (which is season 1 and was released in Australia as season 1 on the videos) will be a part of your dvd collection.

Personally, I don't like the design for the physical dvds, however the content isn't bad, all things considered. In fact the Bujold portion contained a good 5-8 minutes of raw footage of her as Janeway. But there was no interview with her, just a bunch of frosting spewing out of Bermans cake-hole.

The visual effects portion with Dan Curry was pretty cool too. All in all there was a lot of stock footage from the filming of the pilot incorporated into this, I'm more impressed with these extras than some of the DS9 extras.

Anyway, it's the first 15 eps..."The 37s" (#16) would be the opening to season 2...and as I recall, it was as such when it originally aired in the US back in Aug '95.

With that said here are a few caps until I can muster up some webspace to store the zips to:

Pretty self explainatory; I saw nothing-of-value/new/unique in the debris value and there is a pic of the shuttle model Tereshkova from the special effects extras.

[ April 24, 2004, 02:04 AM: Message edited by: Futurama Guy ]

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she looks like a zombie version of Janeway.

i want to see them fight each other.. that'd be a DVD extra to see.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

She acts and speaks like one too...

"Brains! More brains!"

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah - the last four episodes of season 1 produced... Twisted, Elogium, Persistance of Vision and The 37's were held back for season 2.

I'm not 100% sure on the production order - but The 37's was made as the final episode of Season 1... you can tell by the story line too - and Janeway's comments about how far they've already come over the past year and whether they should take the option of staying with the Human population of the planet they land on.

Also (the great) Persistance of Vision show's Kes' empathic abilities emerging showing the direction they were going to take in season 2.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Yeah - the debris field looks pretty much like the other cap floating around the place.

Did Bujould have a French accent?

Do they show the 'crunch-point' where she said 'Fire' in a whisper and poigniancy and not a booming decision which Berman and co. wanted.

Oh and 'debris field 2' link didn't work.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want screencaps of that scene where they shoot Neelix and throw him out of the airlock.

I can dream, can't I?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Yeah - the debris field looks pretty much like the other cap floating around the place.

Did Bujould have a French accent?

Do they show the 'crunch-point' where she said 'Fire' in a whisper and poigniancy and not a booming decision which Berman and co. wanted.

Oh and 'debris field 2' link didn't work.

Hmm, that would be because 'debris field 2' doesnt seem to exist, must have gotten lost in the upload - its basically the same shot only with Voyager/Raider further into the field.

I don't think Bujold was there that far into the filming of the pilot. She was only there for a couple days, of which, the following, that I can recall was shown on the DVD....

-exiting her ready room with Paris/Kim and meeting Cmd. Cavit and introducing Kim to his new post and then the whole "yes ma'am", "its not crunch time yet Mr. Kim" thing...
-Capt, Rollins, Cavit, Paris, etc, looking at the display of the badlands.
-The scene where the wave was approaching and about to hit Voyager.
-The scene where she is in her ready room and tuvok comes in to tell her about the pulses from teh Caretaker were increasing, and then she tells tuvok his family misses him and blah blah...

Thats about all I can remember. Yeah, she had the French-Canadian accent. Her speaking/English is not the best, and Im not sure if that attributed to what I felt was "bad acting" or what. It was especially noticable when she was rambing Treknobable.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Is there a subtitle name for the original Doctor?

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The novelization of "Caretaker" says his name was "Fitzgerald," although I don't know if that's from the script or was made up by the author.

--------------------
Meh

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's with Bujould's vemon spewing captain?

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

vemon?

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, the Doctor was originally named Zimmerman. That's the way he was billed in early promos, such as the pre-launch TV Guide articles. TPTB decided it would be cool to keep him nameless, though, and rolled the Zimmerman name over to his creator.

Debris field: Hmmm... I spy a Connie nacelle.

Bujold: Ugly and ugly. I'd still like to see those scenes with her has Janeway, though. I'm not paying $100 for the box set, though.

The 37's et al: Yes, in the original production run, they were held over until season 2. In addition to the other things mentioned about the episode, you can also tell that it was done on the cheap. Notice we never see the city they go to visit and really only have one set in addition to the standing Voyager sets. My guess is that the whole budget was blown on the landing sequence and the shots of the ship on the ground.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
IIRC, the Doctor was originally named Zimmerman. That's the way he was billed in early promos, such as the pre-launch TV Guide articles. TPTB decided it would be cool to keep him nameless, though, and rolled the Zimmerman name over to his creator.

Debris field: Hmmm... I spy a Connie nacelle.

Bujold: Ugly and ugly. I'd still like to see those scenes with her has Janeway, though. I'm not paying $100 for the box set, though.

The 37's et al: Yes, in the original production run, they were held over until season 2. In addition to the other things mentioned about the episode, you can also tell that it was done on the cheap. Notice we never see the city they go to visit and really only have one set in addition to the standing Voyager sets. My guess is that the whole budget was blown on the landing sequence and the shots of the ship on the ground.

By the 'original doctor' i meant that - the CMO not the EMH.

I thought we pointed that nacelle at the front, a while ago, to be a Galaxy Nacelle.

The 37's - yes and that a majority of the episode was location filming (always costs a lot).

Same thoughts on bujould - I'd like to see the clips - but I'm not paying $200 Australian for them.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.