Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ST: Voyager - Season 1 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: ST: Voyager - Season 1
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to go looking for pirated copies online [Smile]

The piece of debris I'm looking at in the upper right hand corner of the first debris field pic is definitely the bottom of a Connie nacelle. You can see the little cross piece that runs from bottom to top as well as the grills on the side. The front of the nacelle is pointing to the right.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the portion of that nacelle that's missing, I'd bet that's the miniature prop of the port nacelle of Reliant that got shot off.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:

Bujold: Ugly and ugly. I'd still like to see those scenes with her has Janeway, though. I'm not paying $100 for the box set, though.

EBAY BABY! Got two box sets (one on accident) on eBay for a grand total of $108, less than the cost of 1 at some retail stores. [Cool]

Anyway, the scenes of Bujold truely suck...her "acting", that is, does. Here's another pic of her at the cut call at the end of a scene ya'll might enjoy - http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/968/CaptBujold1.jpg

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She truly does look skeletal.

I don't know, she looks alright in the uniform, but I would have a seriously hard time believing any of the sexual tension that developed (and was then foolishly dropped) between her and Chakotay had Bujold kept the role. She is *not* good looking.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are harsh on those who aren't beautiful like yourself, Aban.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has Aban hit a soft spot Liam? [Razz]

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No no no. If anything, the exact opposite.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Liam thinks I'm hot. The women of the world disagree with him.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's that episode called where there's a gigantic elevator that travels from the surface of a planet into outer space? Tuvok and Neelix is on it, together with 4 or 5 natives, and there's a saboteur.

In the end of that episode, a ship arrives and attacks Voyager, it's the strangest ship I've ever seen.
It consists of a large horizontal ring, with a large, glowing rock in the middle, like a cross between Deep Space 9 and one of the "Old One" ships from Babylon 5.

If you would get some screencaps of that ship, Futurama Guy, I would be very happy.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The women of the world disagree with him."

Don't fret. Most of the men do, too. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What's that episode called where there's a gigantic elevator that travels from the surface of a planet into outer space? Tuvok and Neelix is on it, together with 4 or 5 natives, and there's a saboteur.

In the end of that episode, a ship arrives and attacks Voyager, it's the strangest ship I've ever seen.
It consists of a large horizontal ring, with a large, glowing rock in the middle, like a cross between Deep Space 9 and one of the "Old One" ships from Babylon 5.

If you would get some screencaps of that ship, Futurama Guy, I would be very happy.

IIRC, that episode was not in season one.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
quote:

IIRC, that episode was not in season one.
I'm thinking that one was called "Rise"...possibly, from season 3.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah. Darse...
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup "Rise" a stinker from season 3.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

"Don't fret. Most of the men do, too. B)"

Undoubtedly true.

"Rise" did kind of stank. I never really bought the idea of a giant spike being able to support itself like that. I know we've had discussions about how it's theoretically possible, but the episode didn't really make it work.

I was also never really sure about the plot and the conclusion. It didn't quite make sense, but it's been awhile since I've seen it, so I don't remember why.

I do remember that the episode originally came out the same week as NBC's movie of the week called "Asteroid". This ep dealt with an asteroid heading for the planet the action took place on. So Voyager's promo line was, "Get ready for a Star Trek Voyager that kicks NBC's ass-teroid."

It was funny.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps