Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ST: Voyager - Season 1 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: ST: Voyager - Season 1
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially when you consider Trek and NBC's history together. I think that would be the first "negative ad" for trek.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voyager used to do alot of cool next week promos. For "Displaced" they had "Na Na, Hey Hey, Good bye" playing in the background. For "Future's End", they were playing a jazzed up version of "California Girls".

I remember thinking, "Man that's cool... they care enough to get creative with the ads for next week!" My enthusiasm dwindled as the series progressed.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found this cool little nugget, never paid much attention to the background in this scene until I could pause it on DVD....

-

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
[QB] Found this cool little nugget, never paid much attention to the background in this scene until I could pause it on DVD....

What about it?

There were a few versions done for that scene actually - it's got them and that pic above in the Art of Star Trek.

Apart from a few Kazon ships and some pre-caretaker Ocampa architecture... what's fascinating about it?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well for one, you don't have to be an ass about it....and actually thats what I found fascinating about the caps. I've never noticed the 'raiders' parked in the sand before, nor have I ever seen any similiar pictures as such before so I thought I'd share. But hey, sorry for wasting your precious time...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And as always, Neelix' pattern is very fascinating indeed.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It reminds me of the first level in Rogue Squadron... Mos Esle or something like that, where Luke grew up.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
Found this cool little nugget, never paid much attention to the background in this scene until I could pause it on DVD....

Hey cool!
I havent sit through the first episode in a long while and missed that scene: it makes the Kazon ships seem very tiny though: the shot would look better if the cast was composited in smaller.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really recall anything about the design of the space elevator from "Rise," but the basic idea is more or less sound, especially if you have access to Trek-like levels of magic technology.

I believe we had a thread about it at the time...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They could make a space elevator but no chairs to go in it?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I havent sit through the first episode in a long while and missed that scene: it makes the Kazon ships seem very tiny though: the shot would look better if the cast was composited in smaller. [/QB]

I don't think there's a problem with the Kazon ships being that small. IIRC it wasn't until the 2nd Season that they showed upscaled raiders that are actually big enough to carry the small ones we see here (disregarding the mile long blimps, of course).

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there was a shuttle-sized Kazon ship and a larger variant that looked exactly the same, (although in a least one case, they used the window lights on the large version, but not on the small to convey the size.)
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Here is a pretty good shot of where the Aeroshuttle was supposed to be...

-

[ May 04, 2004, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: Futurama Guy ]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were so low on power, but they always kept the lights on in those big lounges or whatever they are behind the big windows on the lower saucer.

That is a cool shot of the Aeroshuttle, though. One thing I really liked about the design of Voyager is that all of the little details had a purpose, even if we never saw or heard about them. There was a magazine article not too long ago that pointed out all the little widgets and talked about what they were.

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I've always thought that the best thing about the Voyager ship is how well thought out it is. Pity the design is otherwise on the dull and ugly side (in my opinion).

Anyway, that cap above reminds me how much better the physical miniature looked over the CG model. That's a nice shot that.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps