Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ST: Voyager - Season 1 (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: ST: Voyager - Season 1
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by J:
It reminds me of the first level in Rogue Squadron... Mos Esle or something like that, where Luke grew up.

Hoards of Star Wars fans are trying to Force Choke you as we speak.
Yes, we are. Mos EISLEY.

--------------------
Meh

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was waiting for someone to tell me how to spell it... I didn't want to dig out the game.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

me@webj.cjb.net
http://webj.cjb.net

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why bother with the freakin' game? In thirty seconds you could have solved the mystery for yourself at the Star Wars web site. Just to save you the taxing process of navigating the links:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/

There are only a couple things that start with "Mos" on there...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoundEffect:
quote:
Originally posted by Spike:
What were these hexagonal things on the underside of the saucer section?

Sternbach himself said in a magazine interview that those segmented hexagonal details are airlock hatches from the cargo bays for specially suited EVA operations. (The special suits he may have been referring to might be the hexagonal EVA suits he drew for the TNG Tech Manual.)
From the previously mentioned (in other thread) "Star Trek Voyager - Technical Guide Version 1.0":

---------------------------------------
"EVA Workpod: A small, elongated hexagonal capsule sized to fit one crewmember. The workpod is equipped with manipulator arms containing various tools for repair and exploration tasks outside the ship, and operates on low-power thrusters only. Voyager normall carries four workpods."

Additionally:

"AeroWing and Dock: The bottom of the Primary Hull or saucer holds a single aerodynamic shuttle capable of atmospheric travel as well as interplanetary flight at speeds up to Warp 3. The AeroWing can carry various combinations of crew and cargo; the usual fling complement numbers four crewmembers."
----------------------------------------

So why the hell build the Delta Flyer, aside for the sake that it was the plot for an episode that otherwise could have involved the AeroWing lauch instead when they had the Aerowing planned out all along?

Anyway, Voyager was only originally supposed to have 2 standard (uhh, type 6, i guess) shuttlecraft and 4 shuttlepods.

One more thing:
------------------------------------
"Shuttlecraft names: We have not yet established the names for the two main Voyager shuttles or AeroWing; these will be forthcoming as scripts call for them."
workbee sphincters.... [Roll Eyes]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't the captain's yacht left off the E-D blueprints? I can't find it on mine. At least not a layout/internal view.

For pure aesthetics... the E-refit wins HANDSDOWN!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They built the Delta Flyer as a plot device. It's also been pretty well decided that Voyager didn't have a functional Aerowing when it left for the Badlands. Yes... it would have been better if the writers had found a way to use it. How hard would it have been to say, "We been waiting for a good time to complete the dropship. Now's as good a time as any," instead of "Hey let's build a ship from scratch rediculously and unbelievably fast and forget about all the cool stuff the ship already has."

I should've been a writing consultant.

I know the captain's yacht is listed on the blueprints, but I can't remember whether or not there's an interior view. I know there's one in the Tech Manual.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they did make CGI tests of he AeroWing/Shuttle. Perhaps those shots weren't convincing enough for TPTB. Or perhaps the use of the Runabout cockpit was a problem. Confusing the audience (WE ARE SO DUMB!!), or difficulties in getting the set for Voyager.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My in-universe explanation -- mirrored by Rick -- is that when the Aeroshuttle is docked, the belly becomes an integral part of the hull. By using it, and risking its destruction, they would have risked a weakness in the lower primary hull's SIF in a region where replacement would have been impossible. Plus, the DF had all sorts of nifty DQ tech that they probably "couldn't" retrofit into the Aeroshuttle.

As for the Captain's Yacht on the E-D, yes the blueprints left out the interior, and as for the TM layout -- did I stutter up there? I already said that's wildly inaccurate, and why...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew asked whether or not the yacht plans were on tyhe blueprints. I said no. I didn't realize it was attached to something you had said earlier.

I guess we'll go with the "unable to integrate Delta Quadrant tach into the Aeroshuttle" explanation. But a throwaway line about considering the Aeroshuttle would have been nice. Of course, then they would've had to explain why they didn't *ever* use it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bad fuel economy....
cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
busted left blinker from Caretaker accident

--------------------
"C'mon, tightly hold your hand / Take a deep breath, give them the finger / Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?" - Our Lady Peace, One Man Army

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Your name keeps getting weirder and weirder, Mike.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it was going to arrive at DS9 on Tuesday - but they left on Monday.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got the Region 4 set today for $129 AUS. Not too bad considering the price of the earlier Trek box sets, although it's likely cheaper because there's less episodes. One nice bonus that the US version doesn't have is that two episodes from TOS are included -- "Arena" and "The City on the Edge of Forever". The packaging is also nicer than the US version IMHO.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:

I guess we'll go with the "unable to integrate Delta Quadrant tach into the Aeroshuttle" explanation. But a throwaway line about considering the Aeroshuttle would have been nice. Of course, then they would've had to explain why they didn't *ever* use it.

They could've just said they scavebged the ship's warp core for parts in one of the many episodes that Voyager's warp drive was disabled.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.