Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Which Is The Right Size? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Which Is The Right Size?
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean, none?

We come to a consensus that Defiant size is "small", and its length is "short" [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok - we've figured out how many feet the Saber is, but how many meters long is the Sabre?

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew so many people in this room are size queens.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
What do you mean 'the actual CGI'? Did he get access to the original Mesh/Sabre pic? or from the movie First Contact?

Yes: he has shadowy "contacts" and managed to get the CGI panels for the Steamrunner, Excelsior, Sabre and Akira to use as a template for making the physical models.
Back then, he was contracted to make masters for a "Paramount store" but the idea fell apart and he decided to go into business for himself.

That's the story I was told at least.

All I know is that I managed to get the Akira panel scan to make my 2500th physical model accurate as possible.

That makes me happy. [Smile]

Here, Andrew: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1227830&uid=657989
An improvment over the older version that you Photoshopped last year, no?

Lookie- two of my pretty Sabres are there as well!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice - you got the 'panels'??? Which are what exactly??? For the Sabre too?

I guess the person never got the panels for the Norway?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weren't the entire Norway files corrupted soon after FC?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy, get Mojo to measure the actual CG models. You cant deny that.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Very nice - you got the 'panels'??? Which are what exactly??? For the Sabre too?

I guess the person never got the panels for the Norway?

All I got is the panels for the Akira- just black silouettes that were used to make vinyl masters for the 1400th model.

I dont have anything on the other ships.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we can safely ignore the statement comparing the Saber to the Galaxy saucer. It's just the typical way how the magazine paraphrases specs - this time the definitely wrong specs in the DS9TM.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Ug.
I was just skimming the STTM issue where they attempted a scale comparison chart of starfleet ships.
Terrible.

Not only dont their sizes make sense from the scale of the lifeboats and windows, many of the ships themslves are wildlt inaccurrate (the Bozeman and Saratoga in particular).

I guess they just did not have access to anyone who might know. [Roll Eyes]

Or the internet. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps