Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Defiant - Carries a runabout? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Defiant - Carries a runabout?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's enough Star Trek for me. Ever.
Defiantly Running About
Member # 1216

- posted      Profile for Defiantly Running About     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So why are you here then?

--------------------
Silent enim leges inter arma.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sex.
Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So why are you here then?

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I, for one, am certainly not here for the role-playing...

quote:
Originally posted by Defiantly Running About:
*pretends to cry. Waits for you to come over and apologize, then jabs you in the solar plexus* ... [Wink]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What makes the discussion mildly more pointless is that the very area where the tractor beam is shown to be emitting from is the spot that the drop bay is shown to be. IIRC, the inner circle of the bump on the bottom slides open. Kind of a bad spot to attach a tractor beam emitter.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
Man, those things are small. You'd think Starfleet would assign something bigger to guard DS9.

Admiral: Yes, we know you are perhaps the most strategic Federation position outside Earth. Yes, the Cardassians live nearby. Yes, thousands of people inhabit the station. But take these runabouts...we've given you three, haven't we?

The Runabouts weren't there to guard DS9. They were just general workcrafts. If they were suppossed to be protecting the station, then the senior staff wouldn't have borrowed them every chance they get. (Although they did do that with the Defiant. So, er, they are idiots.)

And I don't think that "thousands" lived on the station. IIRC, it was only about 300 early in the series.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, and when the Runnabouts were assigned to DS9 it wasn't stratigic and no one thought the Cardassians would be back
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, and I think it was written somewhere that they WERE supposed to fit 100 people to a runabout for evacuation purposes

The only reference in later seasons is in the seventh season episode "Field of Fire", where a PART of the Starfleet crew quarters is said to house hundreds of people. It's pretty safe to say that at wartime, DS9's use as strategic headquarters made them fill the bunks.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you fit 100 people into one runabout???

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
50 in the back, 49 in the front, and one in the trunk.

Wait, that's not right...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Transporter stasis obviously.

Sorry, was that a joke?

Edited: He beat me to it...and yes, I was kidding about the transporter...but hey, maybe it could work.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You stack 'em!

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My, aren't we all [not] a bunch of comedians here at Flare. Haha, but I'll admit deadcujo's answer paints a funny picture...
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arn't they supposed to be modular? Maybe there is a modual that holds more people that is easily swappable
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps