Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 1)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, We've had threads here and there requesting caps of one episode or another. Now, I would like to assemble the DEFINITIVE collection of screencaps of Federation starship bridges. I'll put them on my GeoCrappies site or something for everyone... But I have no DVDs or capping abilities, hence the request - for new caps, or places where existing caps are that we can collect.

Here's the list of ships we can start with, going by ship name, episode name, and approximate place in the episode to get a cap of the bridge. We're looking for the widest shots possible, so typically the wider establishing shots of a given scene are what we're looking for. Here we go...

PART I - TNG ships

USS Enterprise-D - "Encounter at Farpoint" - during Picard's opening monologue, he walks out of the upper turbolift and they pan across the bridge. ALSO the opening shot of the Battle Bridge when everyone assembles on it in the second (?) act.

USS Tsilkovsky - "The Naked Now" - in the first act after the away team beams aboard, they clear up a viewer with a bridge shot, and the open hatch at the rear of the bridge.

USS Stargazer - "The Battle" - in the first act, when the gang breaks into the bridge. Also conceivably when hypno-Picard is attacking the Enterprise.

USS Lantree - "Unnatural Selection" - first act, when they force a visual on the bridge and discover all the dead crew. In the scene following, there are also some visuals on the conference room monitor that could be useable.

USS Yamato - "Contagion" - in the teaser, where Donald Varley grimaces a lot.

USS Hathaway - "Peak Performance" - first or second act, when Riker's team enters the bridge for the first time, there's a big sweeping pan of the bridge. Later on in the scene, Geordi turns on teh lights and we get to see more.

USS Enterprise-D (alt.) - "Yesterday's Enterprise" - in the first part of the first act, as they're going over the discovery of the E-C. There's a nice parting wide shot at the end of the scene before they cut to the E-C bridge. There's a whole MESS of E-C shots in there, but to be honest it's a rather boring bridge. I'm sure there are plenty of E-C shots out there...

USS Hanson's ship - "Best of Both Worlds Part II". The infamous shot of Hanson sitting on the bridge (?) of his ship, which is really the battle bridge set we see later. Which brings us to:

USS Enterprise-D - "Best of Both Worlds Part II" - during Riker's abduction attack, the opening shots do give us a nice wide shot on the cube's rotating display. I think these last two have a selection of caps already, in the last Wolf 359 thread..?

USS Br!ttain - "Night Terrors" - in the teaser, there's any number of good shots lined up there., later on in the show, there's at least one good shot from the rear stations towards the fore.

USS Sutherland - "Redemption II" - the opening shots in the second act (?) where Data assumes command. Also, in the third act when they activate the Tachyon web, there is a quick shot of Riker and LaForge on the Excalibur's bridge (?) as seen on the E-D's viewer.

USS Bozeman - "Cause and Effect" - Right at the end of the show, when Captain Frasier shows up.

USS Jenol!n - "Relics" - in the teaser, when the gang beams aboard. Later in the fifth act when Scotty and LaForge fly the ship to its DOOM!

USSes Enterprise-D - "Parallels" - the various incarnations of the alternate Enterprises Worf gets transported to. There's at least one where there's a big honking lighted thing on the tactical console, and another one where a Lt. Crusher mans a tactical console with a big transparent doohickey in the back. On at least one version, there's a bridge where the center seat is raised up and the other two are removed.

USS E-D and USS Pasteur - "All Good Things..." - the FUTURE Enterprise is really what we're looking for here, best seen when the Pasterur is evacuated. As for the Pasteur, it's earlier on in the show when we're introduced to her, I think in the third act.

USS Enterprise-D - "Generations" - just as they arrive at the Amargosa Observatory, there's a nice pan of the new bridge as the crew arrives in full regalia. The E-B is less of a priority, as there are existing shots on the internet from "The Art of Star Trek" et. al. But an establishing shot should be available...

Did I miss any? In any case, DS9 and VOY ships to come! But those are a relatively small number due to our relative familiarity with those episodes and how those ships tended to be better-presented. There are fewer overall too, I believe.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have caps of the Nebula-class Prometheus when the time comes.
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We also need caps of DS9's Saratoga, the Lakota, and well that's all that's left for DS9. We've already got the Odyssey, Defiant, Sao Paulo/Defiant, and Valiant.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be patient, he's not there yet.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
I have caps of the Nebula-class Prometheus when the time comes.

Worst
bridge
evar.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. I'd prefer to concentrate on the TNG ships, but it's good to be complete.

PART II - DS9 and VOY ships

DS9

USS Saratoga - "Emissary" - lots of fun stuff in the teaser, though remarkably few longer shots for some reason. Also towards the end, there's an extended sequence while Ben is stuck in the wormhole that he flashes back to the Saratoga bridge for a moment.

Federation Transport - "The Passenger" - not Starfleet per se, but it's a Federation ship that uses bits of bridge from the latter TOS movies in combination with the usual CO/conn/ops stations. I believe it's visible mostly in the latter acts of the episode.

USS Prometheus - "Second Sight" - Mostly in the fourth and fifth acts, I think.

USS Odyssey - "The Jem'Hadar" - we SHOULD have lots of it around here somewhere...

USS Lakota - "Pardise Lost" - there's only two noticable shots in the fifth act of the episode, but I don't think we have good shots of 'em.

USS Defiant / Sau Paulo - "The Dogs of War" et. al. - there are no really nice shots of the new bridge, whose real differences are summed up in the carpet, different consoles for the CO chair, and a generic console behind it.

USS Ross's ship - "What You Leave Behind" - he makes a report or two to Ben shortly before the Cardassians switch sides, in the first half of the show. About the same importance as Hanson's ship in BoBW.

VOY

USS Excelsior - "Flashback" - it's NOT THE SAME AS THE ST6 SET. Carpets all over, the part behind the CO chair is different too, and I want to document it if possible.

USS Prometheus - "Message in a Bottle" - it's pretty well documented, but not by DVD as yet, so it's here.

(U)SS Raven - "Dark Frontier" - Again not strictly a Starfleet ship, but the resemblance and liklihood of it being a Starfleet-use design elsewhere are undeniable. The flashbacks are split about even between both parts of the episode, with the better shots from the first part.

USS Equinox - "Equinox" - we have few caps of the bridge when it's properly lit; it's almost always dark. Best shots will be from Part I, obviously.

[ June 28, 2004, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

PART III - Movies and ENT

USS Reliant - ST2 - again, fairly well documented, but not from DVD caps.

USS Grissom - ST3 - could use a cap from when we are introduced to the ship early in the film. There is one wider shot right away, I believe.

USS Excelsior - ST3 - we have some DVD caps from around here recently, no?

USS Saratoga - ST4 - in the dark to disguise its resemblance to the regular movie set, but notable for its configuration.

USS Yorktown - ST4 - seen only in the very dark, but we're being copmlete here.

USS Enterprise-A - ST4 - the old "Mr. Scott's Guide" has only black and white images. Some nice color pics of the bridge in its pristine whiteness would be great.

USS Enterprise-A - ST5 - the ST6 edition has far more pictures than this less-featured one.

ENT

USS Intrepid - "The Expanse" - the ONLY SHOT EVAR of the interior of another Starfleet ship so far in that series. Might as well be complete, and I think we already have one somewhere too.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a fair amount of webspace going free, and I think I can offer some of it if only to spare everyone those bloody Geocities pop-ups. I'll have to check my bandwidth usage though. . . Interested?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I most certainly am interested, Lee - but this is a group effort as much as any other, since I have no capping capabilities. But I certainly volunteer to organize it and write up the requisite HTML. It'll be a nice summer project, I'm sure. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm willing to do anything I can. I don't have DVDs, but I do have all of TNG on VHS and some spare webspace
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the offer's there. I think I'm OK on the bandwidth front, I've used 6.2 Gigs of my 10-Gig-per-calendar-month limit and that's with Phasers.net, the MACO page and our online photo gallery.

--------------------

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have a decent sized jpeg of the USS Excalibur bridge from "Double Time". It is a pencil drawing done in the style of the Fact Files/Magazine but it is a nice configuration to add to your complete list. If you need it, I can email it to you. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Lee
Member # 393

So you going to be trying to obtain new images of these scenes wherever possible? It'd be really nice if they were as uniform as possible, you know, same dimensions, 800x600 or whatever. And by getting new images, it does mean that (for example) decent DVD caps of ships like the Equinox and Prometheus will have to wait a few months, but at the end of it you'll have a very cool-looking site.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got capping capabilities (most of the time), I also have Seasons 1-3 (TNG), 1-3&6 (DS9) and 1&2 (Voy) as well as movies 1-6 + nemesis. I'll take caps if "assigned" to do so, but I really dont want to double someone elses efforts.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can make screencaps. I have TNG and DS9 on DVD, as well as the movies minus Generations. I also have a good chunk of ENT, although only season 3 is of any quality worth capping from.

It'd be a good idea to coordinate this somewhat, to avoid ten people making the same image.

I'll be gone for three weeks though this Saturday [Razz]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps