Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 2)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did we get a glimpse of the Rhode Island's bridge in "Endgame"? I can't remember.

--------------------
Meh

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we did see Harry on the bridge of the Rhode Island. Also, for completeness, I suggest caps of the USS Righteous bridge from Star Trek - Borg. It gives another example of an Excelsior class bridge, in fact, it looks like the "Flashback" bridge with an LCARS screens and MSD, no tea stand and a unique conn/ops station. It is still a bridge variant though. [Smile]

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we do, and it should be in there. Since I can't edit the original post..

USS Relativity - "Relativity" - plenty of good shots to be had scattered through the episode.

USS Rhode Island - "Endgame" - visible for only a shot or two at the end of Part I, where Captain Kim saves Admiral Kate's butt from the Klingons.

Thank you Harry and FG for volunteering capping abilities. Let's do this in stages - we'll do TNG first (the largest phase), then DS9 and the movies, and VOY incrementally as the DVDs come out and people collect them. I think we should aim for DVD caps of good quality but small file size and uniform resolution; taking a cue from Lee's phaser and MACO sites, I'll take the raw images and make all the thumbnails of uniform size with this handy app I downloaded a while back for my improv site.

FG, how about starting on the TNG list from the beginning, while Harry can work backwards from the finale? We'll meet in a comfy middle ground there. But beofre we get going, what's a decent file and image size we can agree on? 800x600, with a top file size of 50-60kb? Lee, you've offered to host the site, and I'd like to take you up on that - what do you think?

Mark

PS - I have the "Double Time" graphic, too. We should probably have a miscellaneous section for comic book pics like that (like the Marco Polo from "Thin Ice", and the Excelsior from the crappy 80s comics), and possibly for non-fleet "fake" ships like the Dauntless.

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We might also want to have the TOS and TAS bridges when possible. TOS is already on DVD in those two eppies per disc, but you might want to wait until we get the season sets. TAS will also have to wait until next year for the entire series. Of course, with both TOS and TAS you don't get much in the way of bridges since they're just redresses of the Enterprise bridge.

Oh, you might want to include the alternate NX-01 from E^2 for Enterprise.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought about this, I do have Star Trek II, III and Nemesis on DVD and by the time we get to movies, I might be able to pick up more of them, or rent them. I'd look into renting Series DVDs, but my Blockbusters seems to stock everything BUT Star Trek
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just another thought. Add to the list the Shepard from ST4 (yeah, I know it was from a viewsscreen from a distance and there's not much to see behind Jane Weidlin's head, plus it can easily be missed if you're not looking it the right place at the right time) and the holographic future E-D bridge from "Future Imprerfect"

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the "Future Imperfect" bridge was identical to the regular E-D bridge save for the greeblies on the side access panels and different doors. Worth geting to be completist, I suppose.

I wanted to keep TOS "in reserve" for later, as the only real ones to keep track of would be the differences between the two pilots. I anything, caps from "The Cage" would be preferable over the regular series set, since the latter is far better documented. I'm not terribly familiar with TAS... How many different Federation starships did we even meet that were bigger than shuttle or runabout size?

Cap'n Boh, if you've got the first three movies, it'd be great if you could give us a hand with Reliant, Grissom, and Excelsior and give us a jump on that section... Don't worry about renting DVDs though - I think we'll have almost all the source material we'd need long before we'd have to resort to that.

As for the Shepard from ST4, I guess it qualifies too. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I'll set something up. What do you want to call it? The name will be in the format subdomain.phasers.net, unless someone wants to pop for a domain name, starfleetbridges.com or something. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'll look into buying them. The movies are much cheaper than a season on DVD after all. (and I have TNG on VHS anyway, and for watching thats good enough for me.. old advertisements are funny anyway)
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

bridgesnot.phasers.net . [Wink]

Seriously, it takes me forever to figure a good name. trekbridges.phasers.net would be a good generic one, especially if we end up doing like someone messaged me to think about, and that is to chronicle all the "Big" race bridges as well, like all the Klingon and Romulan bridges.

Hey, how about The Authoritative Bridge Arrangement Screencap COllection, or "TABASCO"? [Razz]

And Boh, if you want to buy 'em, I won't stop you. [Razz] Just post here what you'e got, and I'll mark you down as contributing from those sources. Thanks for all these posts, guys! This is shaping up pretty quickly...

Mark

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have TAS on DivX, and can make (quite crappy) caps of them. The only TAS bridges I can think of are:

- Enterprise NCC-1701 - Updated bridge with new consoles, bridge defense system ("Beyond the Farthest Star") and an extra door.

- USS Huron, from "The Pirates of Orion", quite an unusual bridge, with only a handful of consoles, and a crew of around three.

- A few alien bridges: Klingon D7, Orion pirate vessel. I don't remember but there also might have been bridges on the Traitor's Claw, Karla 5's vessel and the pod ship.

It might indeed me better to wait for the 2005 TAS DVDs.

I'll take on TNG from BoBW II onwards. That's seasons 4,5,6 and 7.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Good stuff, Harry - if you're good for TNG S4-7, and FG takes S1-3, we'll be covered and have our start. Boh chipping in for some of the movies certainly lightens our load for later on.

Yeah, probably better to wait for the TAS DVD set...

Mark

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tempt me not! I will name it tabasco.phasers.net. It'd be a nice way to draw out from hiding the remaining Roswell fans that haven't yet been hunted down like dogs.

My wife's cousin runs a camping business in Italy, I've just bought him a domain name and will slip him a bit of space to host it, so I'll be fiddling around with my account control panel later on. Maybe we should have a poll or something, but I think trekbridges would be a nice generic name unless anyone really, really objects.

Oh - and someone remind me to modify my bandwidth blocker (courtesy of MinutiaeMan) so we can actually see the images when they're up. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*reads thread and sheds tear when faced with prospect of such lovely future caps*
Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silly question, are you going to include the USS Righteous under miscellainious since it was only a video game but it was a decent bridge. Just curious.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps