Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 24)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Upon closer inspection, this is the same basic set rebuilt for "Flashback", right down to the chair and carpeting ("ST:Borg" was released in 1997, after "Flashback" was made).

http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~curtdan/Excelsior/SuluPages.cgi?FILE=Bridge

Compare with the screencaps we have linked on the last page. They only switched out the doors, helm/nav console, LCARS and small details, including adding a small console to the forward port railing. Heck, they even kept the chairs, which lacked the lower wheel covering or the fact taht the helm/nav chairs were not anchored to the deck...

I think the MSD is new for the set too... It's fuzzy, but I can't make out the secondary hull expansion.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can also see the Prometheus and Equinox bridges in some of the details. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not surprising, since they use the same set. [Smile] I think it disappears afterwards, though.

Additional: Our man Spike will be capping season four of VOY, including Prometheus, Dauntless and the first incarnation of SS Raven. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone made any more preparations towards publishing this, perhaps as a beta version? i'm a little left out if there's email going around about this

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

There hasn't been any e-mail bouncing around, not really. I e-mailed Scooter once, and Spike contacted me independently and quite coincidentally.

Harry still has the lead on HTML, and Scooter has offered to help. We've still got a lot of ships to sort through (and cap), and I intend to produce another batch this weekend.

Mark

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Confirm receipt of Dauntless. We're rolling again, folks! [Smile]

And I think we can start considering Trek gaming bridges too, now that we're going to include Righteous. Besides that Connie-esque bridge posted earlier, what else is there? We should try to minimize game versions of canon Trek bridges, though.

I don't game much - I know there's an Excelsior-class bridge in "Elite Force II", and I'm told there's something in "DS9: The Fallen". What else?

Comics can't be far behind... But let's tackle one thing at a time.

Mark

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bridge Commander? [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

God no. [Razz] Besides, even the bridge mods you find on bcfiles.com are canon sets or reskins thereof.

Mark

--------------------

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I played BC and two bridges ingame are "stock" Galaxy and Sovereign bridges (with cartoonish consoles [Razz] ) There was also an Akiraclass bridge ("redress" of Sovereign - only MSD was changed), and couple of alien half-bridges.

As long as we are talking about games, Elite Force 2 E-E bridge was pretty normal. The same cannot be said about Dallas bridge, though...

Here's overhead view. I'll see if I can get a better shot (without weapon and HUD) and make a panorama.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Picture saved. Yeah, that's the one I was looking for, thanks!

Mark

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this out:

http://www.strafe.com/bridge/

I've sent the guy a PM via Dewback Wing ASAP - where he posted the link, perhaps he can help in some way.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the caps for the Excelsior from "Flashback". Damn near perfect 360˚ view of it.

I will endeavor to sort through them and send them to you this week, Mark.

For the hell of it, do you want the Aeon cockpit?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

It's more a shuttle, really... I'd slide it down on the priority list, at least for now. Though Braxton identifies it as a "Federation Timeship", I'd consider Relativity ahead of her. Thanks for the Flashback Excelsior! Looking forward to it.

Lee, that TOS bridge rocks. The overhead plan could be very useful...

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Check this out:

http://www.strafe.com/bridge/

I've sent the guy a PM via Dewback Wing ASAP - where he posted the link, perhaps he can help in some way.

Bueatiful rendering but the captain's chair looks a bit too close to the helm/nav consoles.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here comes another HTML mockup:

http://www.harryd.net/tabasco/

(WARNING: this hasn't been (de?)bugged for IE yet, so it might look funky is good ol' Explorer).

I'm thinking this is the final design. Unless someone has other good ideas. Now, we have to decide on a final format. How do we display the information? An entry per ship, per class or even per set?

The current mockup has entries per general design of a ship's bridge, although the entries are listed by class. Since bridges are supposed to be modular, I suspect that it's possibly that contemporary ships of the same class may have different bridges. I suggest per-ship entries.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.