Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 25)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Here comes another HTML mockup:

http://www.harryd.net/tabasco/

Wow, I am both somewhat disturbed and disappointed...

There's no starry backdrop with a cheesy promo shot of kirk in his captain chair and a MIDI TOS theme...

I must say Sir, my expectations were certainly set too high...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good work, Harry. Will the blue palette clash with the TABASCO logo, or are we abandonning that?

I'm good with a per-ship listing, but I'd also like to enclose a chart or something linkable, listing all the ships of a given class together. Part of this project's purpose is to be able to track the differences between the differences between ships. Another chart would track the evolution of set use through the production chonology of the franchise.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm abandoning the TABASCO logo. It's not suited for small sizes at all. Perhaps I'll do a variation on it that is more suited for a small size.

Or perhaps the good Reverend is willing to do a TABASCO logo [Roll Eyes]

If we put it into a database, you can basically sort, group and display the bridges anyway you want: per set, per bridge, per class. So perhaps a better question is, what kind of data fields do we want for each bridge?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Scooter
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks normal in IE6, though that doesn't mean it's identical. Just stay away from new-fangled CSS and everything will be fine.

PHP is no problem for me. On to the database design phase! Here are the fields I see us needing thus far:
bridge_pk - this will be an automatically assigned number; you'll see why later
category - eg. TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT
class - eg. Galaxy, Miranda, Excelsior
year - eg. 2370, 2366, 2270, 2151
description
overhead_url - Link to overhead view image

The bridge_pk field will be useful particularly for having multiple caps per bridge, since we can have a second table like this:
image_pk - another automatically assigned number
bridge_fk - corresponds with bridge_pk from the first table
image_url - Link to screencap

We'll probably want a third table for news items?
news_pk - you guessed it, another auto-assigned number
timestamp - 11 bit integer representing the date and time
description - the news article itself

Any other fields you want to add to the first table?

IP: Logged
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably a notes field for bridges. The description field could then be used for an in-universe .. description, and notes for background info.

Oh, and a field for the ship-name. You could make that by using a foreign key too, using NCCs as keys for a 'ship' table. Although that's possibly overkill.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it but is there a way to make the pics of the bridges...er..."clickable" (so they enlarge in their own window)?

Mabye go with just line art- instead of the negative image it is now- in the enlarged version so a viewer could (concievably) make their own bridge.....

Just offering ideas. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, let me apologize in advance for ressurecting an old thread. I was just curious to see of anything has been done to get this website up and running or has real life intruded to the point of a very good idea gone by the wayside? I noticed that the mockup is down for the time being. Again, very sorry.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh,the return of the mummy....

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm the one who sould be sorry... Yeah, we let this one run out of steam. I'd like to get back on it, and I hope we will, but in the meantime I've got a rather large collection of bridge screencaps. Requests on demand. [Razz]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still willing to put work in to get this going.
Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can reassemble the team who was doing the overhead line drawings plus figuring out how the screencaps would be arranged and any other details for this very ambitious project. After all, the webspace is available, hopefully the passion is there as well. Mark, just rally the troops. Send the emails for those who said they would do some work on it, decide on how the pages are going to look and upload the damned thing!

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps