Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Baton Rouge Class (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Baton Rouge Class
Woody
Member # 1337

- posted      Profile for Woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody. I'm looking for pictures or plans of the Baton Rouge class cruiser from "The Chronicals of Space Flight". If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

--------------------
"An armed society is a polite society"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd never be able to use a search engine for that.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/early.html

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
You'd never be able to use a search engine for that.

Come now, our Woody member may not be aware of our search engine feature.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah... or Google.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, you guys are harsh sometimes. Personally I'm glad to be asked to put my knowledge of obscure stuff to use.

Virtually all of the ships from the Spaceflight Chronology may be seen here.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its really annoying when people tell you to go look onm Google when you ARE looking on Google and can't find anything
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look harder:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=baton+rouge+class
A hit on the first page.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm talking about in general, not on this topic
Woody
Member # 1337

- posted      Profile for Woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys sound like you are a lot of fun. I appreciate the links but I have all those images already. I have seen, while surfing the net, some fan produced CG images and a very nice three view drawing. I must have been a sleep at the wheel because I didn't save the images. I'm building a 1/1000 scale model for a FSM scratchbuilding group project. If you run across any pics please think of me. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Good man! There is already several Baton Riuge class ships in that scale (under construction) and I'll dig you up the links.

I take it you're using the Polar Lights kit as a basis to start from?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Woody
Member # 1337

Jason, I would really appreciate those links! [Big Grin] I'm not using any kit parts. I'm starting from scratch with plexiglass and styrene sheet. The main inspiration will be the painting from "Chronicals". If your familiar with this image it leaves the neck area in doubt. Most interpretations of the design seem to baddly want to add convex shape to the top and bottom of the saucer but I don't see it in the painting (who knows about the bottom side). By the way there is a fellow getting ready to offer a resin kit of the Triton class from "The Chronicals of Space Flight" and it looks pretty good if the pics of the masters are any indication.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

You a member of Starshipmodeler.com?
CHeck the forums.
There's an ongoing 1:1000thread over there and they're even scartchbuilding the Kobaysai Maru.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see someone work out that neck section in a proper way! As you said, most CG work makes something hideous out of it, completely ruining the otherwise fine design.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Woody
Member # 1337

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
You a member of Starshipmodeler.com?
CHeck the forums.
There's an ongoing 1:1000thread over there and they're even scartchbuilding the Kobaysai Maru.

Yes I'm a member. The builder of the Kobyasu Maru has found out that he is actually building the Tritium Class cruiser. http://www.stguardian.to/mixed/spacechron/tritiumbeauty.jpg This is also the ship that will be offered as a kit.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps