Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Baton Rouge Class (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Baton Rouge Class
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know where to find the Federation Starship Recognition Chart online, except on my hard drive, which isn't exactly online since it sits far away from where I sit at the moment and is on holiday anyway. Struggling to bring the Chart to you at the earliest convenience.

Timo Saloniemi

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll bail you out Timo,

Nordenskjold:
http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/images/nordenskjold.gif

Also, of interest the USS Moscow from Lawrence Miller's Star Fleet Tactical Database Series 2:

http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/images/moscow.gif

(whilst a lot of ships in this publication have had major details changed from their original appearance the Moscow is very consistent with what was shown in SFC).

Both the above are now referenced from my web site, http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/early.html#baton

Please note that my site is undergoing a bit of a revamp and a few bits will be dodgy for a short while.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Woody
Member # 1337

- posted      Profile for Woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are a couple more images I didn't have. You guys are the greatest. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"An armed society is a polite society"

Woody
Member # 1337

- posted      Profile for Woody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I'd share with you guys what I've been doing with the Baton Rouge info I've been gathering. http://www.finescale.com/fsm/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24894

--------------------

cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if someone owns it, i believe issue 6 or so of Marvel's 1980 Trek comic features the Baton Rouge class USS Republic

--------------------
"C'mon, tightly hold your hand / Take a deep breath, give them the finger / Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?" - Our Lady Peace, One Man Army

cptmkb
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and also in the first DC comics Trek annual (the first volume, probably 1985 or so) has a couple of Baton Rouges shown

--------------------
"C'mon, tightly hold your hand / Take a deep breath, give them the finger / Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?" - Our Lady Peace, One Man Army

Woody
Member # 1337

I sure wouldn't mind seeing those if anyone can scan them for me.

--------------------

Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, dude, you posted the scan from Issue 6 like two pages ago.
Woody
Member # 1337

I'd like to share a few pic of what I'm using the Baton Rouge references for.

http://www.finescale.com/fsm/community/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24894

--------------------

cptmkb
Member # 709

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Manjuice:
Mike, dude, you posted the scan from Issue 6 like two pages ago.

hrm.. perhaps it is time to stop doing drugs..

PREHAPS NOT!?

--------------------

cptmkb
Member # 709

hey, i didn't even post that pic, it was Captain Doh, and it was a month ago..

BTW, Woody, that is insane. i never got to be an advanced Trek glue-sniffer, but i built a few models in my day, and i got to say your work looks amazing.

have you decided whether you are using the Nordenskold sideview or the other USS Moscow one from the game? There's a pretty good difference between them.

-

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it were my project, I think I'd use the "Moscow" one, with three exceptions: lose the satellite dish, lose the gigantic impulse thingy on the back of the saucer, and possibly make the bridge larger. I'd use the "Nordenskjold" versions of those three traits. But that one's neck and ventral saucer are just silly.
Woody
Member # 1337

quote:
have you decided whether you are using the Nordenskold sideview or the other USS Moscow one from the game? There's a pretty good difference between them.
Thank you very much! As far as the profile I'll be using, the USS Moscow is the closest. The main problem with most USS Moscow profiles is they don't match the original painting. In the elevation above it has the impulse section elevated above the saucer a good deal. In the painting the top of the saucer is flat as a pancake and if the impulse section rises above it, it is very slight. On mine the impulse section will be hanging down.
My saucer will be convex like the elevation above, because I think it looks better. There is really no "official" pics of the bottom or side. I've played around with several side pics but they don't translate very well to a physical model. It will be very much like the Moscow elevation above but in my opinion sleeker. I have also decided to make the deflector dish part of the secondary hull, very much like the TOS Enterprise.
My efforts have been made harder because I'm trying to engineer this as a resin kit. I'll be adding pic as I go because this project is for a Star Trek group scratchbuild with about 15 particapants. I'm hosting the build and I hope the how-to pics help our first time scratchbuilders. Anyone wanting to join let me know. The build ends on Dec. 1st.

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Captain from M.I.K.E.:
hey, i didn't even post that pic, it was Captain Doh, and it was a month ago..

I spell and pronounce my name differently
Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That doesn't mean we do.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.