Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Fighters, Peregrines, and Antares (oh my) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Fighters, Peregrines, and Antares (oh my)
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've heard of Academy instructors, captains, and others joining the Maquis . . . I find it hard to believe that they'd all rally behind an old twit Lt. Cdr. version of Krull unless he was the best of the best of what was left. [Wink]

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye it's the other way around: they could have trained him to be the perfect starfleet mole and he was just a popular leader among the masses?

Good point about the rank diffrences though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the only problem with thinking that Eddington named the ship is that Eddington actually read Les Mis�rables, so he would have known that "Valjean" is one word.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone might have been brown-nosing him though. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hasn't anyone considered plain simple attrition? All the other more senior Starfleet Maquis (the only ones I can think of are Hudson and Chakotay, both Commanders) were gone from the scene by then. Tom Riker in prison, Ro Laren never heard of again. . . Pulling off a coup like the one Eddington did would likely elevate him to a position of seniority once he defected full-time.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Who would serve with Chakotay though?
Of a crew of 40, two were double agents and one was a serial killer.

With "commanders" like that, it's a small wonder the maquis were handily wiped out.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Who would serve with Chakotay though?
Of a crew of 40, two were double agents and one was a serial killer.

Actually, there was:

1. Lon Suder the Serial Killer
2. Seska the Cardie double agent (who wasn't just a crewmember, she and Chak bumped uglies)
3. Tuvok the double double agent (a Starfleet officer and the mole for the 'Repression' dude)
4. Jonas the ready turncoat

Then we have:

1. Paris the disenchanted liar (albeit just a previous crewmember).
2. Chell the impudent weirdo fraidy-cat.
3. Hogan, forgotten in a cave and whose greatest contribution was as a corpse the Voth found.
4. Jackson the soup thief
5. Dalby the bitter misanthrope

Really, the only worthwhile Maquis crewman was Ayala, and his main contribution was sporting a really spiffy Dash Rendar outfit.

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How the hell do you forget about BLT (Torres)?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The same way you forget about most of Voyager's cast.

Perscription medication and weekly therapy.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those don't help some people though... especially if you watch Enterprise. Then again... watching Enterprise makes me wish for Voyager again.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the Maquis even have a command structure beyond individual cells with some person in command of it? If not Eddington and Hudson and Chakotay may have all been leaders of their cells, operating on their own, with no knowledge of what the others were doing (or sometimes limited joint ventures for the big targets).
On the other hand, Eddington said the Maquis colonies planned to found an independent "state". That alone implies some sort of organized hierarchy.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Hmmmm....mabye it started as several cells with semi-independant leaders but attrition (and Chakotay's gross incompetence) forced everyone that actually wanted to live under Eddington's command.

Sure, they (mostly) all died anyway, but that was after Eddington was captured.

I doubt Chakotay would have done better: either Starfleet, the Cardassians or Lon Sudor would have seen to that. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no problem accepting the name of Chakotays ship to be Valjean, not Val Jean (after all, the bajoran guy probably didn't even know where the name originated when he named that file, just like most of us... [Wink] ). Furthermore, the ship could have been the Zola before the Maquis bought it.

I've watched "Preemptive Strike" last night, wasn't able to identify the ships attacking the Galor besides the fact that they were Federation (so much for the bajoran strikefighter theory...). The name Valjean was probably just some internal thing to tell those ships apart, but it would be stupid to use the old ship names/registries/whatever to make them easily identifialbe by the Cardies or Starfleet for obvious reasons. (It would be a huge coincidence if the Maquis had accquistioned a vessel that was named Valjean. For a Federation vessel, "Zola" seems more fitting.)

--------------------

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
I've watched "Preemptive Strike" last night, wasn't able to identify the ships attacking the Galor besides the fact that they were Federation (so much for the bajoran strikefighter theory...).

There is a long-winged ship with an ovoid main hull. It was later used as a Bajoran ship, exclusively to my knowledge, in DS9. It also appears in the DS9TM to that effect.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Oops, sorry, I mean "Data wasn't able to identify them", which is from the dialogue. Stupid editing doesn't work any more.
What I wanted to point out is: if Data says they are Federation vessels, their are either used by both the Bajorans and the Federation or the Bajorans just bought them after/during the occupation, which means there's a possibility that they are not of Bajoran origin at all. But while we're at it, did they just use the larger bajoran ships or the "subimpulse ships", too? If they did, they must have had warp drive (maybe the Bajorans just bought the barebone version?)

Back to topic, does anyone have a side/frontview of the image I posted (the "Peregrine" fighter)? I was just able to find the b/w schematic, but I guess the Magazine or another source published top/sideviews of the CGI-model. And the image definitely looks like a scan.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.