Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starship list - designers & dates (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Starship list - designers & dates
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
Okay, I've updated the list and uploaded it to html format, exported directly from Excel. I also changed the date format to show the day of the week. This shows that Balance of Terror should be on the 15th since it was a Thursday. (Also interesting to note that while the other series jumped days, TNG always stayed on Monday.)
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/858/ships.html

B.J.

Okay - hey, the Galileo Shuttlecraft was done by Jefferies (which is the correct spelling, btw [Wink] ) and the more detailed K't'inga from TMP was built by Magicom from Jefferies original design.

The Borg Cube - Model design concept by Maurice Hurley, design by Rick Sternbach and was built by Kim Bailey.

The Soyuz modifications were designed by Jein and Okuda.

The Spacedock (not mentioned on your list) was designed by David Carson and Nilo Rodis and built at ILM for STIII.

DS9 was designed by Rick Sternbach and Herman Zimmerman.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Updated with corrections, and added a few more classes. And I decided to split the entries for the Nebula prototype and the finalized version. The in-universe dates for Enterprise are really easy, it's the rest I'm having some difficulty with.

Thanks for the help everyone! Keep it coming!

B.J.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you want to mention the other frequently seen models throughout the series like the Batris and other Talarian ships (by Sternbach), Merchantman (Nilo Rodis), Promellian BC (by Tony Meininger), cryosatellite (SS Birdseye)/Relay Station 47 (by Sternback/Okuda), Miradorn Raider (by Richard Delgado)....etc?

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

New Orleans by Ed Mirecky in BoBW2

Galileo 5 (from ST5) by Nilo Rodis and Andy Neskoromny.

Type-6 Shuttle (Magellan) by Richard James, Nilo Rodis, Herman Zimmerman, Andy Neskoromny and Rick Sternbach (first seen in "Darmok").

Type-7 Shuttle was by Probert.

Workbee was by Probert.

The Shuttlepod was designed by Sternbach and Richard McKenzie - miniature built by Meininger.

The Executive Shuttle from TUC was made by John Goodman. It was modified by Greg Jein to become the Sydney. The Sydney (upside down) was last seen in "Chrysalis" [DS9].

The Vulcan Shuttle Surak from TMP was designed by Probert.

Runabouts were first seen in Emissary (Pt 1).

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Major update, now that I have access to my books at home. Added several more classes and shuttles, and filled in a lot of dates. If you'll notice the ones in red, those I'm really unsure about and need someone to help confirm it.

FG: I suppose that at least some of those will make it into this list, within reason. Hell, what am I talking about - reason went out the window when I started this! Although there are a lot of once-seen designs in here, I don't want to end up listing every alien of the week.

B.J.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Wah Chang also design the Tholian Web Spinner?

And wasn't the T'Pau type ship from Unification Part 2, designed by Sternbach? I have seen his alternate versions - I gather he designed the final version?

And weren't some ships seen in the future equipment of Daniels' - in Season 2?

And Spacedock was last seen in 'Non Sequitur'.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any scenes of Spacedock though would have come from stock footgae. The interior is the Dyson Sphere interior from "Relics" while if there was an exterior shot, it probably came from either ST3 or ST6.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh that's right - it was the Dyson Sphere doors they used, wasn't it.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

yup

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Made another update, mostly adding the final dates for ships seen in VOY "Endgame", and correcting the final ST dates for the Negh'Var and Nova to 2404. Also corrected the Olympic's date to 2400 (2370 plus 30 years, right?).

I would like to fill in the rest of the designers and the final dates (except for the ENT ships, of course). So if anyone knows something that's missing, please let me know.

B.J.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

I thought that 2395 was the agreed upon date...

I think the K'tinga or something representative of it was last seen in that Voyager episode...uhh...off the top of my head -- "Prophecy"???

The Klingon BoP would most likely be last shown in "What You Leave Behind".

The last Oberth was shown in "First Contact" (maybe? was that ever confirmed?), but for sure, last shown in "Generations".

The last Constellation was last shown in "Redemption, Part II".

The last D'deridex would also be "What You Leave Behind".

The Romulan Scout was "The Defector" only

The Ambassador was last shown in the "Emissary" flashback.

I'm curious about the red and blue highlights?

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

I thought that 2395 was the agreed upon date...
It was 25 years? Where's my Chronology... Yep, you're right!

I think the K'tinga or something representative of it was last seen in that Voyager episode...uhh...off the top of my head -- "Prophecy"???
That's a confusing one. Visually, it's definitely the K'tinga they used in DS9, but it was verbally referred to as a D7.

I know they reused and modified the model as another Romulan ship, but I think I'll go with the one appearance of the "true" scout.

I'm curious about the red and blue highlights?
Read the lines above the table!

Fixed with the above additions, plus changed BOBW2 and the Emissary flashback date to 2367 (was 2366).

B.J.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:

Wouldn't it be from Season 1 Enterprise?? They used the ship again remember - as they hadn't finished a new 'old' Klingon ship.
quote:

The Klingon BoP would most likely be last shown in "What You Leave Behind".

The last Oberth was shown in "First Contact" (maybe? was that ever confirmed?), but for sure, last shown in "Generations".

Sure? Sure they didn't reuse a shot of it arriving at DS9 (From Emissary) later in the series?
quote:

The last Constellation was last shown in "Redemption, Part II".

I'd agree. Unless you want to count the model in Picard's ready room!?! [Big Grin]
quote:

The last D'deridex would also be "What You Leave Behind".

That SHOULD have been in Nemesis.
quote:

The Romulan Science Vessel was in "Out of Phase" only.
quote:

The Ambassador was last shown in the "Emissary" flashback.

What about the Flashback seen in Voyager... I think it was in that season 2 episode where Chakotay links with those other ex-hive members.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Small note. The DY-100 was in fact last seen sitting on Rain's desk in (VOY "Future's End - Part 1").

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Futurama Guy: Doug Drexler.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.