Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starship list - designers & dates (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Starship list - designers & dates
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I can do that too...

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:

I think the K'tinga or something representative of it was last seen in that Voyager episode...uhh...off the top of my head -- "Prophecy"???

Wouldn't it be from Season 1 Enterprise?? They used the ship again remember - as they hadn't finished a new 'old' Klingon ship.
Ah, yes, you are probably right. Nice catch. However, if they were smart, they would insert the ship they actually intended to use (suggesting they ever build it) when they release it (Season 1 - "Unexpected") on DVD.

quote:
quote:

The Klingon BoP would most likely be last shown in "What You Leave Behind".

The last Oberth was shown in "First Contact" (maybe? was that ever confirmed?), but for sure, last shown in "Generations".

Sure? Sure they didn't reuse a shot of it arriving at DS9 (From Emissary) later in the series?
They didn't.

quote:
quote:

The last Constellation was last shown in "Redemption, Part II".

I'd agree. Unless you want to count the model in Picard's ready room!?! [Big Grin]
Tie me kangaroo down, sport.

quote:
quote:

The last D'deridex would also be "What You Leave Behind".

That SHOULD have been in Nemesis.

No, that was a different model.

quote:
quote:

The Romulan Scout was "The Defector" only

The Romulan Science Vessel was in "Out of Phase" only.
Is that how it came out in the translation? Otherwise known to the rest of the world as "The Next Phase".

quote:
quote:

The Ambassador was last shown in the "Emissary" flashback.

What about the Flashback seen in Voyager... I think it was in that season 2 episode where Chakotay links with those other ex-hive members.
Actually it was Season 3 - "Unity" and only the Excelsior and Miranda III was shown - no Ambassador (or Nebula, for that matter).

In fact, for future reference, or just for the sake of pure curiousity - here is what was seen in that "flashback":
  • the Cube; from either "Q Who?" or "BoBW" (was there a difference?).
  • the Cube; from "Emissary, I"
  • the Kazon 'mothership'; from "Caretaker, II"
  • the Saratoga, Melbourne and Cube (again) from "Emissary, I"
  • ...and the Melbourne (again), getting its saucer carved.
  • the Cube from "Emissary, I" (same as first shot of it) only this time with 3 Klingon BoPs from "WotW, II" juxtaposed over the shot with to make it appear as if they are attacking the Cube. A Vorcha begins to enter the shot just as it fades out.
  • an unknown ship (to me) - definately not from TNG or DS9, doing a flyover and appears to be taking a torpedo hit (???).
  • the Cube from "Emissary, I" - again (same as first shot of it).
  • a Klingon K'tinga getting plastered with torpedoes, again from "WotW, II" - with about 9 BoPs in the background (the one shot as if the viewer was the torpedo).
  • A different shot of a Klingon Ktinga getting plastered with torpedoes, again from "WotW, II" (the shot where it takes it from the top and gets its belly blown out).

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The last D'deridex would also be "What You Leave Behind".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That SHOULD have been in Nemesis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, that was a different model.

I think he means because the Warbird would have been sooo much more impressive thgan those ineffectual Valdore-birdies that did squat.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oy! I know what he meant. [Roll Eyes]

But they needed something smaller and inferior and they is what they made.

A D'deridex is 135% larger (or at least longer) than the Scimitar which would have defeated the whole point of its impressiveness.

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

The Tpau-type was last seen in "For the Cause" (DS9), though a bit slightly modified.

The Galor was last seen in "The Voyager Conspiracy", I do believe. Also, do you want to mention the Keldon variant and Hideki?

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to resurrect this thread! Since Enterprise has long since been off the air, it's probably a good time to finish off the rest of this list. I've made a couple of updates since last time, but I'll still need help filling in the blanks and checking for errors.
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/858/ships.html

I know there's still some sticky areas with some designs. The Constitution, for example. IAMD would be the last time we saw it (I don't count the shot at the end of TATV), and IAMD would also technically be first in the timeline, but not in the main universe and timeline.

Anyway, comments?

B.J.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At a glance; T'Plana Hath was last seen "In A Mirror, Darkly, Pt I".
Though I suppose that depends on how you look at it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about ships from TOS remastered? More specifically the Gorn ship. Also some more ships from TOS could be added to the TOS section like the Fesarius and the Eymorg Ship. But then again you list seems to be limited to the most frequently recurring aliens in Star Trek. Nice job though.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I gotta draw the line somewhere, but it keeps moving on me! I'm not going to include the remastered dates, only first-run. Besides, the Gorn ship was there in the original. It was only a smudge, but it was there.

Good catch, Rev. I suppose that would go under when we last saw it, but not in the in-universe column.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

Updated several entries with some help from TrekBBS. I'm still needing a lot of info on the ships from Enterprise at the bottom of the chart. Flashbacks, time travel and alternate universes are really messing with some of these entries!
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/858/ships.html

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just looking at some pics of Endgame at stguardian.to and the sabre appears in one of the shots. That would make Endgame the last apperance of the sabre.

http://www.stguardian.to/fed/starships/starfleetend01.jpg

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps