Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nebula in VOY "Non Sequitur" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Nebula in VOY "Non Sequitur"
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a small request; when Harry and Tom steal the Runabout and are pursued by the Nebula, there's a diagram inside the cockpit that might have the name of that ship on it (I think it was the scene when they vent the plasma).

So, who owns Voyager season 2 on DVD? [Smile]

Besides that, I finally bought TNG and TOS on DVD. If there are any requests for images, tell me. (Yes I know, I'm a little late...)

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you have started the conquest to search for someone who actually bought the Voyager DVDs! Good luck! [Wink]

I have got that episode on Video somewhere, but I haven't seen it for ages. Can't even remember a diagram of the Nebbie in that episode.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi captain,

recently, I had the opportunity to watch the proper episode on DVD, but even with this digital source it was not possible to see a name or a reg. Quality was to poor respectively the font was to small.

Since I am not allowed to post a picture here (hey, I am complaining all the time, but nothing happens *smile*) I can only offer you to send me your eMail adress. Replay can last a few days since I am not at home right now. Well, its christmas, you know!

Regards,

o2

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have all the seasons of Voyager, but I can't help you anyway. My computer (which I am not on right now) doesn't have a internet connection. Besides my computer was dropped one too many times.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'd be the Bonchune....

M.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we be sure of that..? This episode would have been in the second season of VOY, and thus the fourth season of DS9. Either way, I don't think the guys would have been wholesale into CGI stuff just yet - IIRC, Voyager didn't make the switch until midway through the third season (the Excelsior from "Flashback" was a new physical model), and DS9 was still making D7s and K-7s for some time afterwards.

OTOH, given the very short time we saw the Nebbie following the Runabout (and moving quickly, no less), it COULD have been a CG ship. Personally though, at this stage in both series they were still heavy into physical models, so I'd think it'd be more likely they dragged the old model out of storage (which would have been refurbished following "Generations", natch) for a quick pass or three without relabelling it. In that sense then, assuming parallel universes being relatively the same, that could in fact have been the USS Farragut!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question is whether thar Farragut had been destroyed by that point yet by the Klingons?

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I recall, MattC has inside information.

The best way to check though is to see if someone can take a clear shot of the deflector dish (I seem to remember that we saw the front of the ship as it went by). If it's a little more rounder like this and this, then it's the physical model. If it's more like the Galaxy's dish, it's CGI.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoo-Ha!

Per your request...

Nebby Shot

Nebby on display

And yes, those are from DVD. [Embarrassed]

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it looks like Galaxy dish to me...

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just remembered that we get a nice view of the Lexington/Endeavour's dish right before it fires the infamous torpedo from right above the dish (sort of like where a Galaxy's torp bay would be) in the First Contact Sector 001 battle, and I've seen a screencap on this board before, but the link appears to be dead...

Anyway, if someone finds it (it's right after Picard orders everyone to fire on a specific spot, I believe), that shows a good view of the physical model's rounder dish and what it would look like with effects (dish glow, etc.) added.

Right now, it looks like a physical model due to the lighting and the lack of the double ring in the CGI's dish (like the Galaxy CGI model as seen here and here on the USS Galaxy herself during DS9, and again seen in the Nebula CGI itself here. Here's a shot also of the model's dish as seen in either TNG or DS9).

However, (haha) I just remembered that we get a similar fly by view of the front of the USS Bonchune herself when she's chasing the USS Prometheus in "Message in a Bottle." So, if someone posted those two caps (Lexington/Endeavour and Bonchune), we might just have this solved.

MattC
Member # 1391

- posted      Profile for MattC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suppose I could ask Rob when he built the Bonchune....

M.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both of you: thanks for the images!

Since any other significant shot (for example the reuse of the Dyson Sphere doors as the Spacedock) was a physical model, I doubt they used a CGI-Nebula here. What about the "other" Prometheus, the Nebula, from DS9? Or could it already be the Leeds?

Anyway that still doesn't mean the model's name and the information on screen are the same given the fact that the display was created some time before the sequence was shot.

Besides that, what phaser does it fire? is that the lower dish phaser? I can't remember any episode of TNG where a target directly in front of the ship was attacked with the that phaser.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Evolved
Member # 389

It looks like it's firing from the ventral saucer array, which would be possible to hit something in front of the ship (although, now that I think of it, I think the USS Bonchune fired at the Prometheus with her dorsal array...).

The DS9 Prometheus was a model, and it is rumored that the Leeds is the ship docked at DS9 in the latter DS9 series opening credits. As to this VOY appearance, in general, the models seem to be relabeled for episodes that they'll be featured in, but since this was just a quick flyby, I could see them just keeping the existing labels, so the original production/airdate of the episode would be helpful to find what name it might have had.

I have a few shots of the DS9 Prometheus lying around (I used to have a website just about the Nebula class, haha); I'll see if I can dig them up for you. I also have a few nice shots of the CGI Nebula, but they are mainly of the dorsal side.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
Both of you: thanks for the images!

Since any other significant shot (for example the reuse of the Dyson Sphere doors as the Spacedock) was a physical model, I doubt they used a CGI-Nebula here.

The funny thing about physical models, they made a big ole slip up with the runabout Yellowstone that I just noticed (or that is, when I made those caps). The shot of the Yellowstone releasing the tetyron plasma was the standard runabout model, say probably the Rio Grande:
 -

The shot of the the Yellowstone prior to it exploding was the runabout model with the luggage carrier on the top, say probably the Ganges from "Armageddon Game".

-

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.