Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nebula in VOY "Non Sequitur" (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Nebula in VOY "Non Sequitur"
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does say Yellowstone class. see here

However, who's to say that a variant within a class can't have an NX registry, if it's a significant enough change? Personally, I'd put an NX on the first Constitution to have the new engines.

B.J.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starfleet could put an NX registry on a variant in a class, but then again, the Yellowstone wasn't much of a change at all. It was just the type of Warp engine fitted to the runabout.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NX beyond prototype means Experimental... so any experimental design could be labeled NX.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diagrgam looks like it says NCC though
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the standard Runabout specs- so much for "NX". [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going by that diagram then, the registry is NCC-72452.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

o2
Member # 907

- posted      Profile for o2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But can you see the reg on the screen? I don't think so...
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

Um, if that's the standard runabout diagram and it shows NCC as part of the registry, then the chances are very good that the number used is that of the Rio Grande's.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Member # 1490

- posted      Profile for Grand Admiral Thrawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We here the Captain's voice and he doesn't sound like Solok of the T'Kumbra or Shelby from Endeavour (presuming its Shelby from best of both worlds), call me dumb but I always imagined Amizov as having an accent too! (Has anyone else cottoned onto the fact the endeavour was destroyed in first contact? 'Flagship Endeavour to all units', followed by 'Captain, the Admirals ship has been destroyed' Amizov got away at wolf 359 too, poor bloke....)

--------------------
The disappearance of Donald Love

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... what?

I actually went back and read the page before this and I still don't know...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

Um, Shelby had the Sutherland. And Amisov was a captain when he was ever mentioned. And if I recall the dialog correctly, the Endeavour was not the flagship.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amisov was a captain who encountered the Borg, according to Janeway (I believe in Scorpion).

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes but it doesn't state if the Borg encounter with the Endeavour was at Wolf 359... or another time and place like what happened to the Excalibur.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm inclined to believe that it's another encounter - it's pretty hokey to assume that ALL the major meetups with the Borg have to involve our heroes on the Enterprise or Voyager.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I agree that it's another encounter. Janeway was going through all the encounters she could find. "Every battle... every schirmish". Or words to that effect.

I'm still not sure what Thrawn's comment had to do with the thread. Do you mean we heard the captain's voice from the Nebula that was chasing the runabout? What does that have to do with Amizov or Shelby?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps