Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New-ish Nebula in Commnicator? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: New-ish Nebula in Commnicator?
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3833845&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

According to the above link, this issue of the Communicator has a file on the Nebula class.. Anyone seen it?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the people in that thread said he'd e-mail the pics.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha, those people (esp. "Mr. Number One Fan!") know so little about the Nebula class...but I guess that reflects the sadness that is my (years ago) obsession over the technical details on that particular subject.
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope they know that in DS9's "Waltz" the Defiant Class corridors were used for the USS Honshu...

I recall that we had a discussion here on where the impulse engines were on the Nebula Class before... and that they looked like Voyager's impulse engines.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yah... the Nebula Class and Galaxy Class saucers are "exactly" the same... except that they're alot different.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
I recall that we had a discussion here on where the impulse engines were on the Nebula Class before...

Yes.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as they dont use the (idiotic) CGI Nebula from Generations with all the Galaxy windows needlessly added in, I'll buy the issue and share some pics.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Evolved
Member # 389

You must be baiting us.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I just cant get to the bookstore to check it out until tuesday.

I really wont buy it if it's inaccurate though: I love the Nebula as it's shown on TNG (and some DS9).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, the Nebbie from Generations was the physical studio model.

And I do recall seeing that issue two weeks ago. It was the schematics used in the Fact Files and is readily available on the net already, IIRC.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
As long as they dont use the (idiotic) CGI Nebula from Generations with all the Galaxy windows needlessly added in, I'll buy the issue and share some pics.

That was a CGI Nebula!?! I thought they spruced up the Nebula like they did with the 6 footer Enterprise-D.

I saw that movie the otherday on TV... Damn why did they have to get rid of the E-D!?! It wasn't given a chance on the 'Big Screen'.

It's over a Decade since the big-D graced our screens. [Frown]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and a sad loss indeed.
But at least we can find consolation in watching Generations on the SE DVD... [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Evolved
Member # 389

Yes, the Farragut was the model all repainted, etc. to look good for the movie as seen here.

That's why I said Jason must be baiting us because I figured he must be joking.

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish that I'd allowed myself to get that DVD, seeing as how Gen is my 2nd fave of the movies, but money's too tight for me right now. [Frown]

If you want to talk really baaaad nebulas, the CGI from DS9 was horrible.

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, did they put the wrong pennant on it because they were using those on the Enterprise-B, or are they hinting that the nebula is older?
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.