Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ You-Nigh-Tech! ["United" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: $$ You-Nigh-Tech! ["United" Spoilers]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:
T'Pol's quote of a Vulcan saying was interesting - "One man can summon the future."

Harkens back to an exchange in "Mirror, Mirror":

Kirk: "If change is -- inevitable -- predictable -- beneficial -- doesn't logic demand that you be a part of it?"

Mirror Spock: "One man cannot summon the future."

Kirk: "But one man can change the present!"

Someone else had to point out the link to me, but I knew when I heard it that it must have a connection somewhere.

B.J.

That is very cool. And it's a mirror version too [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding bridge layout... I'm not saying it resembles Enterprise-A layout only because it's round...

Well, I just think it looks remarkably similiar - it even has straight section at the "bottom" where viewscreen is, and two exits in rougly the same place...

Given that Andorians were using helm console from Equinox last year, I just thought it's the case of yet another set/prop reuse.

If you observe...

But I don't have Enterprise-A bridge plan handy... (Where's the Gilso's site when you need it? [Big Grin] )

(incidentally, are those markings on the buttons marked with Klingon symbols?)

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. Those symbols are distinctly Romulan.
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh.

Well then, those must be Romulan speed dial numbers [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kazeite:
(incidentally, are those markings on the buttons marked with Klingon symbols?)

NOPE! I noticed that font used - it's the same Romulan writing seen on the Romulan Crest. (It's in the triangle part - written in pink).

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo, my pan 'n scan feature has dwindled with age, so I'll just ask. Can someone make the ID on the Rigelian scout, as far as if it was a new model, or what it might have been used as before?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a picture.

--------------------

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ye olde Hazari vessel from Voyager's "Think Tank". It was used in Enterprise as an Earth ship in Storm Front PtII. Maybe it's a design that private owners from both Earth and Rigel[insert number here] use.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Or they were Rigellian vessels that had come to greet Enterprise at the end of Storm Front Part II?

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing wrong with that - Rigellians were obviously accepted on Earth as shown later. Figures that with a potential Xindo weapon popping out of some never-again-seen vortex, Earth would rally everyone in the vicinity to help with the defense of the place.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Rigel V, supposedly.

Anyway, cool! Thanks!

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps