Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Anti-Borg Weapons (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anti-Borg Weapons
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, all you really need is a Svengali to hold up and swing a pocket watch and go: "SLLEEEEEEP"

When Kirk gave the planet killer indigestion, it didn't destroy the ship. While I admit that there was massive damage, you would think that the Feds would have had it in a lab somewhere and learned how to duplicate it or at least it's weapon. Being that the Feds were desperate it would seem logical that they would have explored the possibility.

And, yes I did read that old novel "Vendetta" where they found Big Brother, but excluding that storyline it would still seem a viable last-ditch approach. Granted, IT may gobble up a planet as its own reward, but who REALLY needs Mars anyway?

I somehow don't see the Borg weapon being effective against that Neutronium hull and I don't think they would ram a cube down its maw.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always figured that the Federation would make good use of the Neutronium hull of the PK.

Assuming that the PK's guts were destroyed or useless, I think the hull would have made an ideal location for Memory Alpha or some other ultra-sensitive base.

Just turn the PK so it's maw faces "up" and build your base inside like a hermit crab.
Who needs shields anyway? [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm....maybe THAT's where Section 31 is holed up at.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naw: it's Admiral Nachayev's dungeon for her slaves...er..."subordinates".

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admiral Nechayev's into bondage? [Eek!]

Didn't see that coming..... [Cool]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I can seriously see her in latex or mabye rubber...

Mmmm...rubber.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

More likely Sado-Ablative armor.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps