Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Early ST6 concept

Author Topic: Early ST6 concept
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember seeing these here before, so...

I'm only getting this info second hand, but on the TUC DVD, apparently there's some concept art of an Enterprise for when Bennett was still proposing that the film be a prequel with Kirk and company as youngsters.
http://www.stguardian.to/mixed/predesign/st6sketchstarfleetacademymovieshiptosk .jpg

Interesting configuration... [Big Grin]

B.J.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks alot like NX-01.

How could it be an Enterprise different than the E-nil if it took place when Kirk was in the Academy? Wouldn't April have been in command of the E-nil at that point?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know if it was supposed to be an Enterprise or not. I guess you'd have to look at the DVD (which I don't have).
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does appear to say Enterprise in the bottom corner
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And "Space Academy".

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason of Star Command! woohoo!

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shhh! Don't give Jason any ideas!
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Looks alot like NX-01"?

Where? [Smile]

It is vaguely similiar to NX-01, but... you can say the same thing comparing Constitution to Ambassador, for example.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a pretty nice design. I wonder who came up with this design? I can't think of who the illustrators and designers were on The Undiscovered Country at the moment.

I like the shot of the ship's rear from below. It kinda look like the hull extension has a drop bay right at the end. It's neat.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
That's a pretty nice design. I wonder who came up with this design? I can't think of who the illustrators and designers were on The Undiscovered Country at the moment.

I like the shot of the ship's rear from below. It kinda look like the hull extension has a drop bay right at the end. It's neat.

isn't there a Fasa version of something like that? i know there are a few SF3 ship designs that look very much like it, however...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I just meant it looks remarkably similar given the fact that both designs were thought up for prequel Enterprises. Neither designs have an engineering section... stuff like that.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps