Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The size of the Federation and the nature of Starfleet (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The size of the Federation and the nature of Starfleet
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Member # 1490

- posted      Profile for Grand Admiral Thrawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The size of the Federation should pretty much be classed as cannon, its fair that the distance between certain worlds is condensed for story telling purposes but that doesn't rule out the idea of a new Federation being explored in any new series. The idea of a Starship/taskforce from our federation arriving on the other side after a five year journey, and being briefed on by a none-corporial Admiral on the problems faced there, a ten year long border war with the '.... Empire", the recent escalating tensions with the "......Alliance which has been at the Federations throat since Kirk's Era. It could be fascinating.

--------------------
The disappearance of Donald Love

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unles that Cigar is 2,000 ly wide. Then you're looking at 20,000 light years to travel. Honestly, I think the 8,000 light year figure is as it's widest point. I would like to think that Fed space is not circular but more like the shape of a spider. So the main bulk of the Federation would be far smaller.

But I still favor the warp highways. It fixes any contradticting speeds that episodes might have produced.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps