Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nemesis observation lounge models (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Nemesis observation lounge models
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the middle bottom is the NX type?

These are definatly all different to the First Contact ships which were just the Enterprises.

And when Picard 'smashes his little ships' - I don't know if anyone notices - that what sorta snaps picard out - is not somuch Lily but the fact that after he smashes the ships - he notices he has broken the Enterprise-D... I thought that was touching.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I don't think that upper-right is NX-01.

For starters, I can't see saucer cutout - its edge appears to be uniformly smooth.

There's also no sign of catamarans on the saucer.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OTOH, if you look at this picture of an Ambassador-class ship you'll notice the similarities to the top-right ship... I don't see any twin hulls or indentation there either.
machf
Member # 1233

Forget about the Ambassador... I found this old picture from before Nemesis was released.

(I found it on a CD I burned first, then looked for the page on my bookmarks)

You can see that the top-right ship is a Constitution (NCC-1701, likely), and that there are another 3 ships further right...

And there's no Sovereign there because it's sitting in Picard's ready room...

Here Crusher partially blocks it, but believe me, that's it...

You can see it in full in a low-res video from back then (which I'm still trying to locate on the web). Or if anyone could provide more DVD captures...

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. That's definitely a TOS Connie.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by machf:
Forget about the Ambassador... I found this old picture from before Nemesis was released.

(I found it on a CD I burned first, then looked for the page on my bookmarks)

You can see that the top-right ship is a Constitution (NCC-1701, likely), and that there are another 3 ships further right...

And there's no Sovereign there because it's sitting in Picard's ready room...

Here Crusher partially blocks it, but believe me, that's it...

You can see it in full in a low-res video from back then (which I'm still trying to locate on the web). Or if anyone could provide more DVD captures...

Good catch: the modelo is the 22" ERTL cutaway of the E-Nil (not displayed as a cutaway) next down is the 1400th ERTL "D" and the bottom one is the 1000th scale ERTL Excelsior.

All just store-bought and sprayed gold. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank god its not the NX. I thought it was, but what would be the logic behind having it in there?

On the other hand, we're now oficially at 12, and even if we would count every obscure ring ship and pre-federation vessel out there, there's no way we'd get 12 Enterprises.

And let me add that this must be a publicity photo (or yet another trimmed piece of footage) because we never get such an angle during the whole scene.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

machf
Member # 1233

Ouch. That's not the Sovereign behind Crusher, I think it's the Hor'gahn (SP?) (no, it turned out to be an astrolabe). The Sovereign is in a different place, you can see it in the scene with Shinzon's hologram... it is contained in the clip labeled "IFILM Exclusive" on this page.

Edit: here is a very small shot of that scene.

Edit 2: here is a decent shot of the same scene.

Edit 3: And here is another scene with a closer look at the ship

[ March 25, 2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: machf ]

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does this display compare with the ship display from First Contact? Plenty of close ups of the ships.
machf
Member # 1233

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Good catch: the modelo is the 22" ERTL cutaway of the E-Nil (not displayed as a cutaway) next down is the 1400th ERTL "D" and the bottom one is the 1000th scale ERTL Excelsior.

All just store-bought and sprayed gold. [Wink]

I wonder if that means that the Nova-class is also a store-bought model... and if so, who released it?

I guess Picard is fond of model starships... hmmm... and BTW, where did Picard's Stargazer model go?

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All those ships - the 3x3 lot aren't in his Ready Room - it seems that a Sovereign is. You'd think he'd still have a Stargazer and now an E-D?

Just looking through those nice caps - if you keep going forward there is one of Shinzon and Remens on the Scimitar bridge. On the main door, and on some of the screens is a square-with-star motif... This looks like it maybe the Remen logo... Reverend - are you there? [Big Grin]

Look here: (on the seat column) http://downloads.scifinews.de/file_8246.html

or here: http://downloads.scifinews.de/file_8244.html

or here: http://downloads.scifinews.de/file_8248.htm

and on The Viceroy's suit:

http://downloads.scifinews.de/file_8261.html

And this seems to be another Romulan symbol!!

http://downloads.scifinews.de/file_8271.html

What scene was this!?!

And another: http://downloads.scifinews.de/file_8279.html

Also - I always keep thinking to mention it - but doesn't ANYONE else remember the rumours for a new movie AFTER First Contact - that was to become Insurrection - there were a few movie ideas out there and one of them was about Picard actually being a Romulan or a clone in the Romulan Star Empire?

No one seems to remember this - it's basically the plot to Nemesis - 5 years early... there was a write up - I'm sure on one of the new sites around 1997 - when I first got on the web - probably Trekweb?

--------------------

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No idea.

So...
code:
???               ???                 Consitution

Ambassador? Excelsior Galaxy

Nova/Sovereign? Constitution-refit Excelsior-refit

I don't think that there's any reason for Nova to be there, so this leaves us with Sovereign.

Middle left could be Ambassador, or Constellation...

And those upper two and this extra display on extreme right could be anything.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

machf
Member # 1233

If there's a pre-refit Excelsior, why couldn't there be a Nova? (and there is no way a Sovereign could end up looking like a Nova; look at those pictures of the Sovereign model)
As I said, the models may be there just because Picard is fond of model starships...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

There are sections on the top of the Sovereign model, that if in the correct like - could look like the hull is cut away at an angle.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by machf:
If there's a pre-refit Excelsior, why couldn't there be a Nova? (and there is no way a Sovereign could end up looking like a Nova; look at those pictures of the Sovereign model)
As I said, the models may be there just because Picard is fond of model starships...

It's possible if they used the smaller 2500th SOverign from ERTL.

Andrew, the only Nova ever made is the 1400th Starcrafts version -that's FAR too small to be the ship in the display, and there was no studio model of the Nova.
That means that they'd have had to specialty create a large(ish) Nova model just for the display and that seems silly.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps