Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nemesis observation lounge models (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Nemesis observation lounge models
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree... Jason.

[Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it count as "taking advice"? [Big Grin]
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
It's possible if they used the smaller 2500th SOverign from ERTL.

How so? That one is barely 27cm long when assembled, while the one in the picture seems about the same size of the Connie-refit to its right, and if that one is the AMT/ERTL 22" model, it can't be the 1/2500 Sovereign (it would be more like 1/1250 in the best case).
And the saucer shapes are too different to get them consfused, not only is the back different but the bridge modules are too: the Nova has the Defiant-ish one, which appears to be the case in the picture, while the Sovereign has a more elongated one sitting on top of a wedge-shaped layer.

quote:

Andrew, the only Nova ever made is the 1400th Starcrafts version -that's FAR too small to be the ship in the display, and there was no studio model of the Nova.
That means that they'd have had to specialty create a large(ish) Nova model just for the display and that seems silly.

Well, they have been known to do sillier things at times...
Was there ever a model on display aboard the Equinox or the Rhode Island? How about the Defiant Pathfinder, was there ever a model built of it?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No models of those were ever made to my knowledge.

Definitely not the Pathfinder (as there's ongoing speculation over it's ventral side).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Resistance
Member # 1369

- posted      Profile for Resistance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it! Its two sets of the six ships. Check out the deleted scenes called "Federation protocols"
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great!

...Which six ships, though? NCC-1701 from nil to E? Or NX-01 and then nil to D? And in which order?

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say E-nil, E-A, E-B, E-C, E-D and E-E.

Wouldn't/couldn't they have just used those 3-in-1 kits that have the E-nil, E-A and E-D in one and the E-B, E-C and E-E in another?

But why double up? Incase Picard puts a phaser rifle through some of them again?

--------------------

machf
Member # 1233

LOL!

The 3-in-1 kits you say are in 1/2500 scale, and as I said, the Sovereign, being the longest one, is barely 27cm long. They wouldn't have made too impressive a display in there...

Speaking of those kits, would you recommend just spraying them gold, or going through the trouble of painting each in its proper scheme instead?

machf
Member # 1233

quote:
Originally posted by Resistance:
I got it! Its two sets of the six ships. Check out the deleted scenes called "Federation protocols"

Any screencaps?
machf
Member # 1233

Judging by a low-resolution video I managed to find, it looks something like this:

code:
E-E   E-D     E-nil  E-E
E-C E-B E-D E-C
E-A E-nil E-B E-A

Could someone with the DVD confirm this? (with screencaps, if possible)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by machf:
LOL!

The 3-in-1 kits you say are in 1/2500 scale, and as I said, the Sovereign, being the longest one, is barely 27cm long. They wouldn't have made too impressive a display in there...

Speaking of those kits, would you recommend just spraying them gold, or going through the trouble of painting each in its proper scheme instead?

Ahhhhhh ok - That's what 1/2500 scale is. I have both boxes - but have never opened them and they are packed away in the cupboard.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, Andrew...I have a birthday coming up...

Machf, I can put you in touch with Dave Tomita (the decal master) if you really want perfect representations of the ships without (almost any) painting involved.
Dave's decals even have the "aztec" patterns.
See?

Personally, I enjoy painting details but I still broke down and bought Dave's Enterprise E set.
It's ...awesome.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

machf
Member # 1233

Well, they do look great, but if the price is what is said here, I think I'll have to pass, thanks...

I've been stripping the paint off the models of the first kit these days - man, I can't believe what a lousy job I did back then (it was about 10 years ago)! After removing the already thick coat of paint, I found another coat under it... At least I never placed any decals on them, since I was never satisfied with what I had done. I'll build them again, this time together with the ones from the second kit (which have been sitting on the shelf for a long time). And I'll use the airbrush this time...

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
No one seems to remember this - it's basically the plot to Nemesis - 5 years early... there was a write up - I'm sure on one of the new sites around 1997 - when I first got on the web - probably Trekweb?

Yes, I remember that. There was an article in a sci-fi magazine showing the first screenshots from FC(which were really minature) and they mentioned something about the next film having a character called B9 and Romulans.

Incidentally, one of the proposed titles for Insurrection was Nemesis.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Which would have made even less sense as a title.

quote:
Originally posted by machf:
Well, they do look great, but if the price is what is said here, I think I'll have to pass, thanks...

I've been stripping the paint off the models of the first kit these days - man, I can't believe what a lousy job I did back then (it was about 10 years ago)! After removing the already thick coat of paint, I found another coat under it... At least I never placed any decals on them, since I was never satisfied with what I had done. I'll build them again, this time together with the ones from the second kit (which have been sitting on the shelf for a long time). And I'll use the airbrush this time...

THe price for the entire set of decals (like 12 sheets, I think) is about $80.
I only went for the Sovvie, myself (because the decals that come with that model are grossly too large- the registry and pennants are almost 200% too big!).

Though there's a certain Zen to painting the ships that I prefer to decaling.

If you already have some built/painted ships, Easy Off oven cleaner will take off any paint/decals without damaging the model.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.