Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nemesis observation lounge models (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Nemesis observation lounge models
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Castrol Super Clean works wonders as well. And without the fumes!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
No one seems to remember this - it's basically the plot to Nemesis - 5 years early... there was a write up - I'm sure on one of the new sites around 1997 - when I first got on the web - probably Trekweb?

Yes, I remember that. There was an article in a sci-fi magazine showing the first screenshots from FC(which were really minature) and they mentioned something about the next film having a character called B9 and Romulans.

YES!! Woo, someone else remembers it! Hmmm so if it was a physical article - I may have it in my stash of magazines.

How sad - most teenages would have had a stash of pr0n mags, I had Starburst and Starlog lol.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
Castrol Super Clean works wonders as well. And without the fumes!

I've been using brake fluid with good results, scrubbing the paint with an old toothbrush after soaking the models for some hours in the fluid. The E-nil's paint came off pretty well, like peeling an orange. The E-A was a bit more problematic, as I discovered there was a second coat underneath and thus the paint didn't come out as easily (nothing some scrubbing couldn't solve). But the E-D... oh God... I found out that one had not two, but three consecutive layers of paint! What was I thinking? That one's been the most difficult to clean, even after a lot of thorough scrubbing there are still some rests attached to the plastic - I think I'll use a cloth soaked in thinner to finish cleaning it.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll try the castrol stuff.
I like the easy Off because I once forgot all about the Ambassador model I had soaking in it for a couple of weeks (I went on vacation) and when I got back the model was all crusty with dried oven cleaner.
I just washed it and the paint came off but the model was fine.

Made me very happy (them Ambys are tough to get).

Machf, do you have a a laser printer? SSM has free downloadable decals for the first Enterprise set (with all the windows for the Galaxy!) and several places online sell printable waterslide decals for printers.
Cheaper by far than buying all the sets.
I can even send you the Illustrator template I made for registries and the scans I have of the transporter emitters and hatches and such.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The advantage to CSC is that it isn't as volatile as oven cleaner and it doesn't do anything nasty to the plastic if you forget about it for a while... Brake fluid tends to start eating away at the plastic if left alone for a while.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

machf
Member # 1233

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

Machf, do you have a a laser printer? SSM has free downloadable decals for the first Enterprise set (with all the windows for the Galaxy!) and several places online sell printable waterslide decals for printers.
Cheaper by far than buying all the sets.
I can even send you the Illustrator template I made for registries and the scans I have of the transporter emitters and hatches and such.

Yes, I think I saw those on SSM... I don't own a color laser printer, but I have access to one. I suppose printing a single sheet of paper or two wouldn't be much of a problem if I ask...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm....PM me with your E-Addy and I'll send you some good files: I have a scan of an incredible Nebula sheet with more markings and better lifeboats than the SSM Galaxy version.
You'll still need the SSM version for the windows though.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

machf
Member # 1233

Sorry for not answering earlier, but I've been very sick since last thursday...
Thanks for your offer. Just add a 'terra.com.pe' as the mail server...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Will do....hmmm.....I just got some new waterslide decal film: mabye I'll just print you a nice galaxy sheet (assuming this stuff works out) instead of sending the bulky files..

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Hey look - they're auctioning off the gold models from First Contact.

Despite the item description, I'd bet real money these are gold painted plastic and not diecast metal.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, now we know the models included the E-nil, the E-A and the E-C. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well....they re-did the display for Insurrection/Nemesis, and these are listed as the First Contact models.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering it also said they were from the "captain's quarters" and not the observation lounge, I'd also tend to question some of the other details provided. Such as whether these are actually the models used on set in the movie, or simply the same models as the ones they used in the movie that someone is trying to be clever with.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, that auction page gives a pretty poor description of something they're hoping to sell for a few thousand dollars. How big are the damned things?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1:1 scale I would hope [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps