Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » patch in ST:FC

Author Topic: patch in ST:FC
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is this
patch that is seen on Riker in ST:FC?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same patch is on Chocrane. Must me a patch for the Phoenix project.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed it is.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you mention it. After getting the SE-DVD last week and watching the movie again, I noticed that patch for the first time, too. It's quite different from the Phoenix on the ship's hull, but it does look like a bird.

Is that just some random stars around the logo?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
photoshop enhancement shows it to be two seperate shapes. There's the wings on either side of an oval, then a seperate, lighter triangle at the top. I can't tell what shapes are in the surrounding circle.

This could also be the logo for the complex they were working out of, but I believe it's been identified before as the Phoenix's mission logo.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, it�s nothing recognizable from NASA? I mention this possibility because in a scene inside a house with Riker, Troi and Cochrane you can clearly see Skylab�s patch and another patch which I vaguely think I�ve seen before from NASA.

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the town bar, which (oh man dvd extra time!) was decorated with patches from an assortment of missions.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I see in that cap is Riker and a needle full of injected botox! [Big Grin] Although to be fair it's probably a little early for the botox fad. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget that what is THIS!?!?!?!?!?!

http://movies.trekpulse.com/album/displayimage.php?album=236&pos=40

http://movies.trekpulse.com/album/displayimage.php?album=236&pos=41

and

http://movies.trekpulse.com/album/displayimage.php?album=236&pos=58

!! Filmed after Season 7 Voyager!?!

Never mind me - it's from the Las Vegas Star Trek Borg thingy.

Which makes me wonder - I have one - but does anyone have any other caps from the other Star Trek Experience 'ride' - wasn't it filmed on the E-D?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

The Experience actually has a Ent D bridge set built. IIRC, the movie part of it plays on the viewscreen. Actors walk around the set in uniform doing things as well. I think.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh, there's the Arctic Explorer Shippy from Ent.

http://movies.trekpulse.com/album/displayimage.php?album=236&pos=134

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Starship Freak
Member # 293

Sol system: was there more patches then the two I mentioned? I didn�t see more...

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They line the wall over the bar, but I had never noticed them at all until the Okudas mentioned it in their commentary thing, and even then I'm not sure how many are actually onscreen.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.