Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The original Enterprise-D blueprints (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The original Enterprise-D blueprints
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a picture that comes to mind in situations like this....

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen those Whitefire blueprints before. I can't really remember where. I think they were in PDF form and I got them off some P2P network or obscure Trek site.

Edit: What ep was it that Geordi mentioned the tursiops? I don't recall this.

[ April 30, 2008, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Daniel Butler ]

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do like the shuttlebay design on that blueprint though I agree that the ship looks smushed. Looks like she tried to fly through the garbage compactor on the death star.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just finished the interview...thrust reversers on the impulse engines, hm? Interesting. I recall reading (in one of the tech manuals or encyclopedia or some other thing) that the impulse engines had drive coils to reduce the apparent mass of the ship, and that slowing down entailed discharging the coils and increasing the mass - using inertia to slow down, in other words. I wonder who came up with each idea (on the production/writing staff)? Too bad neither of those ideas were ever canonized.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps