Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Image in the Sand" (DS9) Galaxy: CGI or Possible Trinculo? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: "Image in the Sand" (DS9) Galaxy: CGI or Possible Trinculo?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they look "correct" scale to be because they are far away, but still huge.
On TNG the Warbird always seemed so much smaller (with that big empty area in the center) than the Galaxy (most of the time) due to scaling errors.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um..what is the Trinculo's registry anyway?
Is there one stated somewhere (on a viewscreen or something)?

I have a purdy Galaxy class (refit with Venture phaser bumps on the nacelles) model waiting paint and Decals.
And a name.

The ship could actually exist- in my fleet, anyway. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't they all named the I.S.S. Abbadon-(enter appropriate hexidecimal character here)?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for the Trinculo's registry, I've seen NCC-71867.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Thanks! I forsee a (possibly battle damaged) USS Trinculo model in the new future. [Cool]
Hmmmn.
The registry seems a bit low for a Galaxy, no?

...and no, I have no "I.S.S." ships.

Though I do sport an Evil goatee.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, if registries are chronological, then the U.S.S. Trinculo NCC-71867 would be the newest Galaxy Class Explorer. This could be contested if the U.S.S. Magellan has a higher registy. (I belong to the faction which believes this ship in "Sacrifice of Angels" is a sister ship to the U.S.S. Galaxy NX-70637 . I am basing my opinion on two sources: the Deep Space Nine Technical Manuel and the visual evidence from the episode.)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, just toss out anything from the DS9TM- that's chock full o' errors.

I thought I saw a Galaxy with a 72XXX registry (Challenger?).

I could have been high though.

...and here I just built a Galaxy with a 74XXX registry too. (shrugs)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, there isn't a Galaxy Class with a NCC-74XXX registry so far...

The lowest was the NCC-70637, then NCC-71099 for USS Challenger. Unless of course they decided to name and make registries for the Galaxy Classes that we never see up close.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Well, they look "correct" scale to be because they are far away, but still huge.
On TNG the Warbird always seemed so much smaller

But how do you know that they are far away?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, they dont overshadow the station, so they are either far away and correctly scaled, at a medium distance and scaled at the common TNG size or they are the Hallmark Christmas ornaments and are inches from the camera.

I choose to beieve the first option- dont take that away from me liam!
You never let me have anything nice! (runs away sobbing)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh great... you are going to make Jason cry now. Thanks Liam...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why? Now's the perfect opportunity for you to make your move.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Hey, I'm not that vulnerable.
....though if you've got a sister, I could be consoled. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

I do but one is a 17 year old sex addict and a 22 year old sex addict that's worn out her boyfriend already.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your use of the term "but" seems inappropriate...
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps