Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Baton Rouge side view revealed

Author Topic: Baton Rouge side view revealed
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen anyone post about this here yet, so I'll do it!

In a thread at Trek BBS, Rick Sternbach posted an inked but unused side view of USS Baton Rouge. Click here and scroll down a bit. It's a digicam pic rather than a scan, so it will have to be de-prospectivized before schematics can be drawn.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really REALLY thought you were about to show us pics of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, after the tornado...

An "USS" beforehand in the title would be in order, right?

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since this is a tech and starship forum, I assumed that no one could ever possibly misunderstand. Boy, was I wrong! As our fearless leader GWB recently said, I accept full responsibility. I shall never overestimate the brain power of the forum members again!!!

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, not "misoverestimate"?

And that's one ugly ship, from the side.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From any side, really, though it is neat to see. Also, Timo is freakily omnipresent.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing too bad...for the design, I rather like the side view.

Though, as with pretty much anything, the ship seems more advanced than the relativly featureless TOS Connie.

I's like to see someone use NX-01 nacelles, plating and detail on the Baton Rouge.
That might actually look cool- the deatail looks great on the Constenoga(sp?) after all, and that's a pretty straightforwar hull design.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
From any side, really, though it is neat to see. Also, Timo is freakily omnipresent.

Indeed. I caught him peeking in through my patio window last night.

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't you learned never to pay attention to the man behind the curtain?

In any case, Santa's wages are reasonable, and the six months between January and July are free; he's only interested in the last two quarters. Although I probably shouldn't have said that.

Timo Saloniemi

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Santa is a Finn!?!?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did you think, that he was born in the middle of ice floes? Of course he's a Finn (home address Joulupukki, Korvatunturi). He just works in the North Pole.

For taxational reasons, he's also listed as a denizen of Switzerland. I only found out about that from a Babar the Elephant book. Shattered my childhood illusions about the guy. Santa, I mean, not the elephant. But income tax is hell in Finland.

Timo Saloniemi

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Santa upgraded his operation to worldwide distribution with some swiss "gold surplus" after WWII, then, from the mid 1950's to present day, he's sold his list of "who's naughty and who's nice" to any foreign power with enough scratch to keep the toy factory running 24/7 and with no EPA oversight.

Global Warming stems from the nuclear pile at his Workshop/Elf cloning complex in the artic circle.

Santa's original helpers are granted unnatural long life via Santa's magic and massive pharmacutical and plastics holdings (see files "Dick Clark", "Abe Vigoda")

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
...then, from the mid 1950's to present day, he's sold his list of "who's naughty and who's nice" to any foreign power...

So that's where this whole "Axis of Evil" concept came from!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps