Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » U.S.S. Caracal CC-750 Blueprints (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: U.S.S. Caracal CC-750 Blueprints
Jag2112
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Jag2112     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

Does anyone have a copy of the old U.S.S. Caracal CC-750 Blueprints drawn by Todd Guenther?

I have a set of blueprints, but I'm missing sheet #8... I was wondering what was listed on that sheet and, if at all possible, if someone might be willing to scan the sheet for me.

Thanks for your help,

John
www.cygnus-x1.net
Home of the Star Trek LCARS Blueprints Database

--------------------
-John
www.cygnus-x1.net

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may have a set. Or I may have scans that someone else did. Fairly certain I've got one or the other. It may take me a while to check. If no one else can help, start yelling if I haven't replied again in a couple of weeks.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Jag2112
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Jag2112     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks I.C.

--------------------
-John
www.cygnus-x1.net

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a look last night and I only have scans of sheets 1-4 and no originals. Sorry. (Of course now I want to turn the tables and ask you to scan sheets 5-7,9-12 but that would be cheeky.)
Jag2112
Member # 1386

Thanks for looking, I.C. And I will be scanning those sheets shortly... I'll let you know when I'm done...

Someone else sent me a zip file containing the first 4 sheets...likely the same "file" that you have...

The search continues...

Thanks again for looking-

-John

--------------------
-John
www.cygnus-x1.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...what sort of ship is this?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sort your mother always warned you about. Try http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/cruiser_palomar.jpg (no direct linking possible, it seems).

The clunkiness is not so unbearable in the side view; you could think of it as a Constitution secondary hull turned upside down, sort of. I'm afraid it looks less stylish from other angles, though.

Timo Saloniemi

Jag2112
Member # 1386

Many thanks to Jim NCC1701A from New Zealand. He had a copy of the Caracal blueprints and graciously sent me a high-resolution scan of sheet #8.

I'll have the rest of the prints online shortly, along with about another 10 starships by the close of the year.

Thanks again, Jim...

--------------------
-John
www.cygnus-x1.net

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wondering if you asked Todd Guenther if you can post that particular set of his. Since he hasn't allowed you to post any of his other plans, there isn't much reason to believe he'll go for this.

Also, I'm asking, yet again, for you to remove my Kobyashi Maru plans from your site and restrict yourself to posting samples of it, per our understanding.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays.

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

Jag2112
Member # 1386

Based on Todd's earlier request that I remove his Excelsior plans, I'll be posting 'some' of the Caracal plans on my site to coincide with the fair-use clause of the copyright laws. This way, people will know of the plans and (hopefully) purchase them on their own (if they can find them). This will be a 'new' feature of my site - to offer up many prints (with many complete sets) with links for visitors to find copies for themselves (via Amazon, Ebay, etc).

However, I'm still actively researching whether my posting of these prints is a true violation of the copyright infringement laws. Depending on the resolution used, I am permitted to post any prints (in part or in full) under the aforementioned 'fair use' clause. That 'resolution level', however, isn't clearly defined. My prints are scanned at 300dpi and resized to a maximum of 2000 pixels wide (with some exceptions).

At this 'resolution' the full level of detail on the majority of the prints offered up isn't always apparent which may, by default, place the image under the fair-use clause. It's somewhat a matter of interpretation of the laws as much as it is a judgment call.

As for the Maru plans, I was still trying to ascertain who had originally granted me permission to use them (in full) on my site...

If I don't reach a reasonable conclusion, I will honor your request...

-John
www.cygnus-x1.net

--------------------
-John
www.cygnus-x1.net

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, I've got the original art for them. If ya want to drop by the Nielsen Manse here in MD I'll be happy to show them to you.

As for whoever it was that gave you permission to use my stuff, I'd like him to stop by, too.

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope I haven't upset anyone by sending John a scan of the page he was missing in the Caracal set. I was just trying to help him out like someone once helped me. Ironically, with the same set of plans. To elaborate...

Back in late 2002 I was curious about the ship after seeing a side profile on the old Fabrux site and posted a question about it on either or both HobbyTalk and Starship Modeler.

As a result of that post I was sent a set of A4 photocopied pages of the plans. I offered to pay - even just to cover the postage - but the sender didn't want any money for them.

Jim.

[ December 09, 2005, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Jim NCC1701A ]

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WTF?! Double post instead of edit post... Doh!

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact that my old webpage was a reference for someone is kinda weird...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jag2112:
It's somewhat a matter of interpretation of the laws as much as it is a judgment call.

Judgement call? You've got the artist right here asking you to take it down.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps