Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » New Probert sketches posted! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: New Probert sketches posted!
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it hard to believe that Roddenberry would have to resort design "rules" to invalidate FJ's work. He could just have simply said, "That was a marketing thing, and those ships aren't 'real' in the Trek universe." No if's ands or rules.

Besides, in retrospect I think all the one and three nacelled ships look fugly, and I'd be just as glad to see them go.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not knowing GR I can not argue, but, not knowing GR I can not agree either.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Madness! The Niagra is the epitome of balanced design!

Or not.

I dont generally care for the "frying pan" look of single nacelled ships, though there are some exceptions- Masao's Predator and ravenstar's Douglas class cruisers come to mind.
Nothing canon(or even onscreen) though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is hearsay, but the general take on the story is that GR had a falling out with FJ. After that, no 1 or 3 nacelled ships.

Of course there was the AGT Enterprise, and the Freedom. But Roddenberry was space-dust by then...

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps