Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to The Flameboard.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » TOS 1701 Part of TNS BSG RagTag Fleet (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: TOS 1701 Part of TNS BSG RagTag Fleet
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Chuff up?"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
It tells us that BSG takes place in the 2500's! It also means that when the RTF finally reaches Earth, they'll find that its all used up and everyone's packed up and gone to another system....

Nah, not necessarily. It could be in the far-flung future of "Firefly". Maybe that Firefly-class we see in the Miniseries was an antique that someone was flyin' around. [Wink]

Or it might allow for the theory of parallel development - or whatever that theory is called where two completely different civilizations achieve a lot of the exact same technological advancements at the same time.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, that's a rather out-there theory, Jeffrey. Do you think it could stretch to explaining why they have Humvees and Uzis as well?

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, but I have a theory about why you're such an attention whore....
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So when's your wedding anniversary, again?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Lee
Member # 393

?!

It seems our young Mr. Griffin has issues with my good self. Could be, we have a troll on our hands.

--------------------

Griffworks
Member # 1014

Counter clockwise.
Lee
Member # 393

Knight to pawn three.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like, go play on the swings, yo.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Griffworks
Member # 1014

And here I thought trolls were confined to live under bridges. I get to go play on the swings! Weeeeeeee! Weeee, I say!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Nazi planet!
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hodgkin's Law of Parallel Development.

Which they completely forgot about in TOS "Miri." Maybe Hodgkin didn't develop the law until after that episode.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the other hand, no one seemed all that surprised by the discovery, if I recall correctly.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In "Miri"? No, they were all aghast at the duplicate Earth. Kirk called it "astonishing" and "impossible" in his opening log.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
perhaps the "law" had only been a theory up until that point.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps