Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Shelly class. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Shelly class.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the camera in a Razr will be an improvement over what you have now, than you must have a really crappy camera.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife has a RAZR, it's pink.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
If the camera in a Razr will be an improvement over what you have now, than you must have a really crappy camera.

Exceptionally crappy.
Just slightly better than the disposable cameras toursits use.
If I use the "zoom" feature all the black background I put in the photo breaks up into semi-pixilated blue and black mismash.
Hence, no macro closeups yet.

My Razr phone will be unfinished metal, not pink.
C'mon W2 form! Be in the mail today!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother has a black Razr. It has a decent camera, but definately not as good as a full-on digicam.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny, my second reaction to seeing Jason's pics was, "somebody needs a macro setting." Alas, my first was, "That Mirandasior has a dong." No, but I don't know that I'll ever like this design. Jason's take on it is a decided improvement. The batwing para-Constellation looks to be a great model. I'm not too sold on the design.

ps-Pink RAZR is the shiznit. Your wife set us all up the bomb, Lee.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have the black Razor in the lab... I hate it... no phone should restart while you are in the middle of a phone call.

I kinda prefer the Samsung A900 more but the battery sucks on it... less than an hour using the Sprint Power Vision for data and about an hour for talk time.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a new SLVR L7, no problems so far (except for no notes function), and you barely notice it in your pocket.

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My neighbor has a Razr- he de-installed all the pre-loaded crap in there, added memory and now has like 50 megs of memory to use for pics and songs and other genberally non-phone related worthless shit.

Hmmm....reaction to the Stachran design has been lukewarm at best.
Odd, as most people really dig the Larson (which is what it's an update on) but I generally don't.
I'm mostly keen on itt's Excelsior impulse engines on a modified Connie Refit saucer.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The biggest beef I have with this design is the fact that normal convention has the engineering section in the secondary hull. If the ship does not have a secondary hull then the warp core would most likely be in the saucer section. Much like your other design. But here, as the nacelles are located in the saucer section that would most likely imply that the M/A reactor assembly would be there as well. To have the M/A reactor assembly in the secondary hull would mean that the warp conduits would run all the way through the ship and in the saucer section.... does not seem quite effective for me.

I've always had the impression that the Shelley class is more like an oversized Oberth. That design would also allow for the nacelles to be connected directly to the secondary hull, but at the same time, how do the people get from the saucer to engineering anyway?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

People get from one section to the other via the Excelsior "neck" -which is still present, just moved back towards the aft of the ship.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Good news! My photographer friend was in town yesrerday and snapped these pics:
 -
 -
 -
 -

Soo much of an improvment- that whole "focus" thing really pays off, I guess. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, she's still ugly from the side, but yours looks much better than the ones we saw on screen. (Although I may still be dissapointed from expecting new ships, or even Norway's or Ambassadors instead of ugly kitbashes like 3D photoshop monsters. Bitch over, go about your bussiness people.)

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I've decided to get the SLVR L7 as well. Black or silver, tricks?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought I'd muck around with one of the pics...

-

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Cool....but "Van Helsing" might be considered a human rescourses snafu to all the vampire-looking races of the Federation.

Mabye they solely fight Remans? [Big Grin]

Gimmie some LCARS! I defy anyone to come up with an MSD for this class (gotta have the whole "through deck carrier" feature though.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.